Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
knowledge is power
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've searched high and low and can't find anything about my particular problem so give me some advice on this. Im in Alabama. My kids(girls, 15,17) are in san Marcos, tx. When SHTF, how in the holy hogwollers do I get them here safely?!? Is it even possible? They live with my psychotic, idiot, devil bi**h, exwife, and she will not willingly give me custody so I can get them now. I called and begged her, pleaded, said it was my turn its been four years, everything I could think of, but to no avail. You wanna know what the bi** h said? "I think youre nuts." Can you BELIEVE that crap? So i am forced to deal with the realization that they have to travel about a thousand miles thru hostile territory.
Ok new paragraph. Do I go get them? Do I meet em in the middle? What's the best way to attack this beast? I've already decided to send them two BOB's(prolly fully stocked alice packs, not 100% sure yet) in the mail for when they need it. They are both intelligent,healthy, athletic young ladies. They were with me for three weeks recently and I explained the whole situation about why I feel the way I do about things and they didn't call me crazy. They started asking questions and I tell you what, it made this man proud. We played, practiced, and talked the whole time they were here. It was great.
So our preliminary plan is we are gonna meet at the tx/la border. Prolly somewhere close to Kev's(hint,hint). But we haven't set anything in stone, not until I talk to y'all. I would much rather have 50,000 brains thinking when it comes to my kids. I thank you in advance.

·
TEXAS!!!
7,273 Posts
Ok, I've searched high and low and can't find anything about my particular problem so give me some advice on this. Im in Alabama. My kids(girls, 15,17) are in san Marcos, tx. When SHTF, how in the holy hogwollers do I get them here safely?!? Is it even possible? They live with my psychotic, idiot, devil bi**h, exwife, and she will not willingly give me custody so I can get them now. I called and begged her, pleaded, said it was my turn its been four years, everything I could think of, but to no avail. You wanna know what the bi** h said? "I think youre nuts." Can you BELIEVE that crap? So i am forced to deal with the realization that they have to travel about a thousand miles thru hostile territory.
Ok new paragraph. Do I go get them? Do I meet em in the middle? What's the best way to attack this beast? I've already decided to send them two BOB's(prolly fully stocked alice packs, not 100% sure yet) in the mail for when they need it. They are both intelligent,healthy, athletic young ladies. They were with me for three weeks recently and I explained the whole situation about why I feel the way I do about things and they didn't call me crazy. They started asking questions and I tell you what, it made this man proud. We played, practiced, and talked the whole time they were here. It was great.
So our preliminary plan is we are gonna meet at the tx/la border. Prolly somewhere close to Kev's(hint,hint). But we haven't set anything in stone, not until I talk to y'all. I would much rather have 50,000 brains thinking when it comes to my kids. I thank you in advance.
You will simply have to go get them unless you have trained them. I'm sorry you're stuck like that, but going to get them is the only way and pray they're safe while you're on your way. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Id mail them their indiviual bobs.
Give them a good topographical map and pick a bol for them.

If they are athletic prepay for some self defense classes just call a good center and explain and set something up.

Id prepay for a post office box so the ex wife doesn't get her talons on the stuff.
Easier to mail things that way.

Should shtf. Take care of yourself and hope your girls are strong and smart.

Buy them two good knives. One big thick survival one, and one quick and light knife.

Their is almost always one petite woman at every sports store use her if you can.

One last thing remember weight, a womans bob is different than a mans I know I've seen at least two different threads here.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Does either one of them have a car? That might be the most important thing.

The most likely crash is an economic one, and if they only gas up at well lit truck stops they should get in OK. They will need to travel with packaged food and water.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you tried legally to get custody. In some states when a child reaches a mature age of 12 and above (varies by state as to which age), the child can choose which parent to live with. Have you researched this out? Would your children prefer to live with you vs her?

You might want to check with your lawyer what legal courses of action you might have as far as custody.

·
Ham Extra Class
3,267 Posts
Not saying anything bad about you, but there are 2 sides to every story.
Just the fact that you cus her here is an indicator to some that you may have an issue. I maybe be wrong, its just a thought.
Sorry no offense. Good luck on your problem, and I hope you get things ironed out.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Patience

Theythinkwenutz, I don't know if you're nuts or not and I don't know how your wife's version of this situation may differ from yours.

I will give you an honest response.

Your oldest daughter will be 18 and out of high school soon.

The crap probably won't hit the fan before she is legally responsible for her own whereabouts.
If she wishes, she can come to be close to you in Alabama at that time.
She might attend any one of the fine universities in north Alabama or otherwise occupy herself as she sees fit.

If she chooses to come to Alabama, so be it.
If not, so be that too.

Your youngest daughter will come of age in a very few short years.
She too will guide her own steps.

You be patient and trust in the Lord.

I understand you have trepidations about their immediate safety if disaster strikes.
Making plans for your daughters to take off across hundreds of miles with alice packs will sound nuts to many reasonable people.

Bide your time, try to maintain an air of sanity and make no communications that could be construed as unbalanced.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
As someone else said, can you move closer? Or is your home now a nice farm BOL? Even if you had to live in a cheap apartment and work four 10 hour days near to them and commute back to the BOL on weekends to take care of it.
Mailing them BOBs is going to be risky, there will be a lot of items that a crazy person could claim to be unsafe (knife, matches, etc) and that you area danger to them for being one of those crazy survivalist types. And if you hide things from her by storing bobs someplace for them and she finds out the hiding of them looks suspicious. Thats why I suggest getting a job or weekend home near them, anyone asks you just want to be closer to your kids, that's not abnormal at all. Have a co-worker that lives in MI a couple days and lives in OH 5 days near work.

·
That's "Ma'am" to you
2,854 Posts
The older one has less than a year before she can live wherever she chooses. As PatmosIsle said, even the 15 yo would probably be allowed to choose where she wanted to live (which only helps if they want to live with you)

Unless there was a situation where they HAD to leave home immediately I would go get them. TEOTWAWKI is not the time for youngsters to try out new found skills unless there's no other choice.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Not saying anything bad about you, but there are 2 sides to every story.
Just the fact that you cus her here is an indicator to some that you may have an issue. I maybe be wrong, its just a thought.
Sorry no offense. Good luck on your problem, and I hope you get things ironed out.
Having an ex-wife that ran off with her sister's husbands brother, and hid the kids from me for over 6 months.. i can understand a little anger...

The worse thing my EX every did to me was after the oldest turned 19 and the youngest was 17.... she said to me "I wish I had let you have the kids - they would have been better off with you".... That was the only time I honestly came close to drawing back my fist and seeing if i could make her nose touch the back of her skull...

Today my boys are 21 and 19 and neither one has a lot to do with their mother.. she kicked both of the kids out just about the time they turned 18.

But hey.. the california court system knows best right... Why let the employed stable father with a college education living in a safe area raise the kids when you can give them to the unemployed welfare receiving (yes i was paying child support) pot smoking lazy mother living in a low rent district with a police cruiser sitting at the corner..

·
Banned
3,048 Posts
If you have tried to work the system and did not get custody the kids have not requested to live with you. If you want to make them safe and are willing to give up your freedome to do so, move closer to them a managable distance so you can visit more often and develope a deeper relationship. Give them more training & education & provide a place for them in your life at your place.

·
knowledge is power
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I knew I would leave somethin out! Im only worried about it til about spring of next year. My oldest graduated a year early and has part time job. She's workin on her escape now. My youngest is moving here next spring. So I guess the answer is go get em. That's what I was expecting to hear.
Now, I expect there may be some ladies out there with a crazy ex too! Listen y'all, I take no offense either, but if one of y'all here told me you had a crazy ex, I would take your word for it. Besides, if you can't cuss yer ex, who can ya cuss? Lol

·
Come and Take It!
11,642 Posts
It sounds like you need a good attorney. There is one in DFW that specializes in Dad's rights that I hear on the radio quite often......I am sure you can find a good one if you go to the Texas State Bar website and click on find an Attorney.

Set your priorities and you will find a way to afford what is to come after all they are your daughters and are worth fighting for in the courts.

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Id mail them their indiviual bobs.
Give them a good topographical map and pick a bol for them.

If they are athletic prepay for some self defense classes just call a good center and explain and set something up.

Huh!??
Did you go off your meds?!

"Mail them BOB's and a map?!!"
You're joking right.

Did you read the OP--the ex wife is a psycho-nut wad.
Anything this guy would mail to his little girls would be tossed into the trash.
And perhaps the ex wife is somewhat correct in assuming her ex husband is nuts--perhaps he is a nut himself and completely obsessed with survivalism. Maybe this is why she dumped him.

As for the OP.... there is nothing you can do dude.
You are out of luck.
You will have to go there and resolve your issues with your ex.
Then you will have complete custody.

1000 miles is a long, long way.

I doubt your would get there--I highly doubt that you could make the return trip as well... and have your home, goods etc. intact when you got there.

I suggest a one-way trip with your stuff in tow--a well timed bug out is your only hope. And this would be hard. I suggest a towed RV packed with your essentials.

ST

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts
Two words:

Underground Railroad

Your chances of getting there if things get bad are very slim. The best bet may be to attempt to establish a network of people that you can trust that can transport your children for stretches of the journey. It's won't be easy and you have to have trust in others, but they may have a better chance getting to you this way than any other.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
First of all you need to think which out of the two places is the safer for your girls. They stay in the safer place, wether its with you or the ex-wife. Dont be emotional about it, be logical.

I would encourage your girls to do numerous courses at the place they are now (ie bushcraft, martial arts, weaponry (guns and archery etc)), first aid and so on.

If you are going to send the BOB by post, make sure its in small parcels, and addressed to them personally. Would your ex-wife confiscate it if it was from you I wonder. Maybe get a friend to send it for you, so she doesnt recognise the handwriting etc. Or if the grandparents are near the girls I would utilise them, if they are willing by sending stuff to them and then getting them to pass them on.

Its more likely to be a localised SHTF then the mega one, so some research on the area they are living in is a must to find out what kit they would need over others.

Im sure your girls would love anything, and any attention you give them. They sound like they have their heads on the right way.

As far as travelling during and after SHTF, it maybe difficult for two girls, unless they have a good attitude. Maybe it would be better to contact others on here in that area, or find a bushcraft/survival group that they can join up with to travel to you - if that is the safer place.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I am a mother of two young men age 23 and 20. I consider myself to be more capable of reaching them covering the distance of 700 miles in stealth mode then them reaching me. I have more experience, more knowledge, training, supplies, I can endure more and I am generally meaner then most. I have true grit to get it done at all costs. Therefore I will go to them in the event of some catastrophic event.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts