Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I've gotta know, what are your survival stories? How did you become a survivalist?

I was 23 years old, and a rookie prison guard, when I was taken hostage in the prison riots in Camp Hill, PA. I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and to make things simple, I wanted to be left alone.

I started learning wilderness survival skills from various people, including a few indians who lived close to the earth. I began to adopt their ways of living in harmony with the land, being a caretaker, while being willing and able to do what it takes to stay alive.

Getting back to nature helped me regain my sanity, at least to the degree that any survivalist, nature nut, and extremely practical person can be called sane.

What's your story? I'd love to hear it!

Mr Twenty Twenty

PS: That really is my name too. It's all about keeping your eyes wide open and living your vision. One without the other will kill you, or make your life meaningless.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
welcome from NC.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forums Mr.2020. Got interested in Survivalism after getting out of the Marines. Saw a few things that made me wonder just how thick the veneer of civilization really is. Decided to start incorporating a few preps with each passing day. Still not ready and probably never will be totally independant but hopefully won't be a drain on my family. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
Interesting experience = Welcome aboard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts