Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
we have plenty of soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes (one new one for everyone), Tampons and those maxi pad things stored away. I just figured everyone did but never spoke of it.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
um.....duh....just joking....just started saving tb's and baking soda in quantities myself....good for bartering.....don't forget floss and dental first aid kits, not to mention the various books like "where there is no dentist"

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I have a years worth of baking soda, toothpast and tooth brushes. As well as a years worth of sea salt and pepper corns.

The only thing I am really lagging behind in is my ammo. I need to get another 2-3000 rounds for my rifle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can picture a mountain woman stomping through the wilderness with a huge pack of baking soda on her back. LOL

·
Registered
246 Posts
Oh and I made a discovery today - all 9 of my goats follow me wherever I go outside their pasture...so my thought is that perhaps I will make them little packs to carry stuff for me.

Picture Little Bo Peep with 9 bleating nanny goats following her if you will.

I would have my own *dairy* on the hoof.

:)

·
Firefighter-HazMat Tech
469 Posts
Good question...I think it has something to do with it being so ingrained in us to brush our teeth that it doesn't cross our minds. The wife and I have about 3 months supply on hand anyway but will be adding to it now that you have braught this to the head. Thanks, good thread!

·
small "l" libertarian
1,379 Posts
It's a good point. After society breaks down, you are not going to be able to find a dentist, so oral hygiene is going to be EXTREMELY important.

The best way to avoid the unpleasant thought of having your spouse pull your teeth with no anesthesia is to take the best possible care of them.

·
Registered
678 Posts
An important prep is to keep up to date on dentist visits! I just finished our latest round of cleanings and exams. no cavities with the three kids, so we're doing something right.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nobody that I've noticed has mentioned toothpaste and toothbrushes.
I think this is mostly because its an item that is very easy to prep completely for. Basically you can get like 5 years of toothpaste and toothbrushes for like 30-50 bucks, so not many people have trouble prepping for that aspect of hygiene.

At least thats why I don't really mention it. You do need it though, so don't forget.

·
Here's Johnny!
306 Posts
Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps

Instead of using different cleaning items for different purposes ... Use one for different purposes! (Including toothpaste)

Does anyone here use this stuff?

I've used it for a while, and I love the stuff. (While the inventor of the soap was clearly insane, he makes a helluva good product!)

Many uses for Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps:
http://www.drbronner.com/faqs_main.html#faq10

1 - 20 of 39 Posts