Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
10,548 Posts
Get them back?
Did they even have them in the first place???:confused:

Had to stop watching when I realized that you totally don't understand how many women CCW a Pistol here in the U.S.
I sold guns for 6 years, 96'-02', and the only one of my CCW customers that I know actually shot and killed an assailant with a gun that I sold, happened to be a woman.
Even my crippled old Mother carries a Makarov.

·
Outlander Territory
3,710 Posts
Get them back?
Did they even have them in the first place???:confused:
To a degree...disappeared completely after the Dunblane school shooting.

Had to stop watching when I realized that you totally don't understand how many women CCW a Pistol here in the U.S.
I sold guns for 6 years, 96'-02', and the only one of my CCW customers that I know actually shot and killed an assailant with a gun that I sold, happened to be a woman.
Even my crippled old Mother carries a Makarov.
As far as the down-range...guessing the camera was on a tripod!

·
Outlander Territory
3,710 Posts
But how does said camera Zoom in and out? I would have thought the tripod too, but when it zooms out I realized there was likely a person behind it.:confused:
Remote. I'm just guessing as I didn't watch it all, but as someone who does camera work for weddings, newer digital camcorders have remotes for that kind of thing. The camera has no shake at all, hence why I am making an educated guess...I could be wrong.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The British had the 1642 Bill of Rights which stated it was each subjects duty to maintain sufficent arms and ammunition. Some say this was the in the back of our founding fathers minds when they framed our constitution.

As it stands in the UK all it would take is an Act of Parliament to give every UK subject the same gun rights as us. Not going to happen though

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,610 Posts
The British had the 1642 Bill of Rights which stated it was each subjects duty to maintain sufficent arms and ammunition. Some say this was the in the back of our founding fathers minds when they framed our constitution.

As it stands in the UK all it would take is an Act of Parliament to give every UK subject the same gun rights as us. Not going to happen though
It was most certainly not in the back of their minds. It was in the front. Our Unanimous Declaration is nothing more than a demand for a restoration of the natural rights derived from the English tradition from time immemorial, reduced to writing in the Charter of Liberties (Coronation charter of Henry I, 1100), Magna Carta (1215, plus its various re-issuances), Petition of Right (1628), Grand Remonstrance (1641), and Bill of Rights (1689).

·
n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst&#8
173 Posts
But how does said camera Zoom in and out? I would have thought the tripod too, but when it zooms out I realized there was likely a person behind it.:confused:
My wife owns remotes for her cameras.

Reactions: Watch Ryder

·
Semper Vigilans
5,058 Posts
I appreciate the zeal but if it happened, IIRC, it would be a first in history.

No peoples have ever gotten their right to bear arms returned to them, once lost, without there being either an overthrow or a collapse of the current regime.

People in power don't believe in Gun Bans, they only believe that THEY should be the only ones with guns, either by owning them or through proxy by hiring security who do.

Show me one person in power who advocates banning guns who isn't surrounded by gun wielding individuals.

·
10,548 Posts
I appreciate the zeal but if it happened, IIRC, it would be a first in history.

No peoples have ever gotten their right to bear arms returned to them, once lost, without there being either an overthrow or a collapse of the current regime.

People in power don't believe in Gun Bans, they only believe that THEY should be the only ones with guns, either by owning them or through proxy by hiring security who do.

Show me one person in power who advocates banning guns who isn't surrounded by gun wielding individuals.
Right!
And once the guns are lost, the power to overthrow is gone too, save for the use of what nowadays would be looked at as "Terrorist Acts", like Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Weapons, and of course nowadays Cyber-Warfare and Directed Energy Weapons for those Sciency types among us.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
There are many misconceptions about firearms in the UK. Many in the USA believe they are ALL banned. Here in the UK there are many members of the public who also think that firearms are illegal in one way or another.
The facts are that the ownership of firearms is at an all time high with over 700,000 certificates currently issued, many of which have multiple firearms on them so the total number is much higher. The vast majority are shotguns, hunting rifles and target rifles. There is also a growing number of pistols legally held, cap and ball black powder are still legal though no "modern" pistols are permitted.
There is VERY limited support for extending the firearms ownership and many people have never handled let alone fired one. The only time they normally hear about guns is when they are used in a criminal manner so the general impression is extremely negative.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts