Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Plenty of companies here in the states that will ship them to you regardless if they are legal in your state or not. Once it is delivered, it's your problem not to get caught!

·
Registered
204 Posts
it's your problem not to get caught!
+1

The last place you want end up while your world is exploding is in the county jail.

In the past I've had plenty of switchblades - my first was the old "NATO Military" they used to advertise in SOF magazine :cool:. Crappy knife, but I thought it was cool at the time.

I now carry a CRKT M21-04 (plain blade :thumb: ) - it's got a flipper and from the pocket or the PALS webbing on my armor I can deploy it as fast as a switchblade. It's beefier and actually makes a good field knife. It's also 100% street legal.

But, if you want a switchblade, go for it, but your situational awareness and judgment better be good.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
NOt worth the problems associated with them. Illegal in most places including Texas. Don't go there. They are not that good to begin with. Get into the blade areas here. There are better alternatives.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
They are not that good to begin with. Get into the blade areas here. There are better alternatives.
I have to agree...the "wow" factor is about all they give you. Even quality auto's have issues and I'm not a big fan of the common plunger lock. The new Al Mar SERE auto collapsed when I was doing some very light battoning. I have a few others and about the only one I'd really consider carrying would be my Microtech DA/SOCOM...can open automatically or manually. I don't buy "speed" of presentation as an excuse for auto's anymore. 90% of "tactical" folders can be presented one-handed just as fast and the Emerson's with their Wave feature are even faster. Save your money and get a more usable folder.

ROCK6

·
Registered
167 Posts
the problem is that MOST auto's are crap. they are made out of cheap steel and are impossible to sharpen. They ARE impressive and are a definitely play a psychological role, but unless you get a auto from a company like benchmade, it's not going to be a reliable weapon.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Get a real knife, this is a survival site not a gangsta hangout.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Sorry did not try to make out you were a gangster, its just in a survival situation or camp craft a switchblade has no propper function, its designed for sticking into humans and thats about all.

·
HANDY MAN
1,472 Posts
Sorry did not try to make out you were a gangster, its just in a survival situation or camp craft a switchblade has no propper function, its designed for sticking into humans and thats about all.
Nope, no offense taken. I knew what you meant and I agree.

For survival/camp craft I carry a SOG Seal Pup. I love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.