Survivalist Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am begging to think there’s hardly any from WI. All of the postings from WI are from months or years ago.

I thing I've been a kind of survivalist all my life, until I found this place I thought I was just wearied!!

Though I have done much over the last 40 years, ( started some of this in the early 70’s) such as building multiple systems for generating electoral power and stocks piles of fossil fuels and RE systems adequate for about 90 days and wood stocks for heating I now realize from reading postings here that it’s not enough.

I've hated finding myself in situations that I have had to be depending on someone else.

And yet, I think that it is OK to need help from someone when I need or want to accomplish something greater then I could do alone.

In just the few days that I've been reading the posting here I have learned a new way of seeing what it means to learn as a survivalist.

I am hopping that I will find others in my area that want together to accomplish something greater then I could do alone.

I have been told on here that I need to be cautious as to I chose to work with, I do agree with that. So, any suggestions as to the best way I can get started on here?

Green Bay, WI
Thanks!

·
Banned
2,955 Posts
Start with Grocery Store food and supplies, such as Toilet Paper, toothpaste, bath soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, household cleaning supplies.

Have your storage shelves labeled according to years... 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, etc.

Now check out the expiration dates of all your canned/boxed edibles. If the item expires in 2011, put it on the 2011 shelf. If it expires 2010, put it on the 2010 shelf. This is how you can organize your stockpiles, and not worry about losing $$$ to expiration dates.

I don't have a Costco or Sam's Club near me... so I prefer the local Aldi's. Instead of buying 1 can of Green beans... just grab the whole case. Makes it a lot easier, when unloading the car, as well... and I can stack 3 cases per shelf.

If all the Grocery Stores collapsed/closed tomorrow.... foraging the wilderness is not an option, since you live in Blizzard Winter country... therefore having a 6 month stockpile to get you through the winter months should be a goal.

Gardening... Canning, Freezing, Dehydrating, Vacuum Sealed, Preserving the Harvest, can be your future goal, come Springtime.

Just a thought... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

·
Prepared in NH
12,880 Posts
Greetings and Welcome to the Group.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am up by Lake Superior, 25 miles south. 40 wooded acres. 2000 sq ft log homestead. huge pond. cant see house from dirt roads. outbuildings. 3 camper trailers for housing. smaller log-like house. I am on my own. I want to start an intentional community thats off grid. I am educated, talented and have much of what I need already. woodstoves, gardens, library, and I am a packrat....collected things that may be of use for years. I need helpers/friend/partners/companions. I do not need a boyfriend. do you need a place to move to, or just information to prepare? youtube has lots of prepper info that can assist you. : ) paisley

·
Registered
1 Posts
WI MAGs etc.

I am up by Lake Superior, 25 miles south. 40 wooded acres. 2000 sq ft log homestead. huge pond. cant see house from dirt roads. outbuildings. 3 camper trailers for housing. smaller log-like house. I am on my own. I want to start an intentional community thats off grid. I am educated, talented and have much of what I need already. woodstoves, gardens, library, and I am a packrat....collected things that may be of use for years. I need helpers/friend/partners/companions. I do not need a boyfriend. do you need a place to move to, or just information to prepare? youtube has lots of prepper info that can assist you. : ) paisley
We are currently living in Menomonee Falls, near Milwaukee. It sounds like you have a great starting setup. We want to move out to a more rural setting to finish off our lives. My Wife and I are in our 40s now. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.