Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I truly hate to have to do this and if I am somehow wrong I will issue a public apology, but...... nevertheless I must.

Some of you may remember that Skifast and I made a small wager on the outcome of the VP Debate between Palin and Biden. The terms were quite simple, if Palin won, by the results of the Zogby Poll, I would send Skifast a bottle of Drambuie. If Biden won according to the same Poll, Skifast would send me a bottle of Gentleman Jack. We exchanged shipping addresses and friendly jibes.

It has now been three weeks since the Zogby poll declared Biden the winner. Yet, Skifast has failed to honor the bet. He admitted in the "Where is Joe Biden?" thread to his loss, but has failed to pay the wager.

I have attempted to PM and post in threads where Skifast has been posting to gain a response to the question of whether or not he intends to do the honorable thing. He is apparently avoiding me. He has not responded to the PMs and, just today he logged off after I posted my question in a thread where he was hotly debating someone.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=27001&highlight=Biden

I am left but one impression. Skifast has no intention of honoring his wager and therefore is a man who does not stand by his word.

Again, if I am somehow mistaken I will gladly apologize for the slander. But, I am a man that still lives by the belief that a man's word is his bond. Blame it on my ole pappy. I can't abide someone who fails to honor his word.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
and what have we learned?

Reactions: Truthpick

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i dont see what that was about, but it was cute...

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
You should not be so quick to make assumptions. This thread makes me not want to honor the bet, but it would be against my character not to do so, so I won't.

Just because I logged on did not mean I had time to get back to you. I came in my office to quickly print a document for a meeting I was in.

You must be pretty hard up for a bottle of whiskey to be so impatient.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
You should not be so quick to make assumptions. This thread makes me not want to honor the bet, but it would be against my character not to do so, so I won't.

Just because I logged on did not mean I had time to get back to you. I came in my office to quickly print a document for a meeting I was in.

The debate was ages ago. Give the man his liquor!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Skifast,

Again, if i am disproven as to your intent to honor the bet, I will gladly and publicly apologize for wrongly calling you out. However, ample time has passed since the bet with no indication from you that you intend to pay the wager. So, until I am proven wrong, I will retain my first impression.

As to be hard up for whiskey, yes and no. While I have ability to attain my own, I never refuse a fresh bottle. I was, in fact, much more hard up for an indication that, despite the differences and negativity of political discourse, there were still honorable men that were willing to settle their differences with friendly debates, wagers and humility. Unfortunately, that has not proven the case.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts

... You've been posting pretty much every day, numerous posts- and yet you couldn't be bothered to drop a line? I call bull**** on your excuses....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Well to me anyhow a friend is someone you can trust absolutely, and under all circumstances.

There are no friends on an internet forum

What we have here is just the question of whether a man's honor is worth more, or less than a bottle of whiskey.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well to me anyhow a friend is someone you can trust absolutely, and under all circumstances.

There are no friends on an internet forum

What we have here is just the question of whether a man's honor is worth more, or less than a bottle of whiskey.
Good point Neb. Damn, something we agree on first whack, without having to debate it for a few pages. :eek:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He is waiting for the election to truly settle the issue. I think you will own him.
Think so Straight? I usually wait to see if someone pays his bets before I offer to go double or nothing, but...... Obama has this thing wrapped up, so........

(I assume you meant OWE him.... but then again maybe not ;))

·
A friend of the Site
1,966 Posts
I posted this on another forum, if Obama does not have a 15 to 20 point (or more) lead in the polls going into election day, he won't win.

People don't have enough character to tell the truth when they are polled (both black and white people) peer pressure causes people to lie.
And pollster's don't have enough character or money to have a true poll.

So polls don't mean much, it was a stupid bet, to use a poll to determine who won. Should have flipped a coin, you had a better chance of being right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts