Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting land set up for homesteading. Im excited. Going to have a big garden this year. Ive done pretty good with small gardens so im moving up. Hopefully adding a milk cow with calf to raise for meat and chickens.

Im so tired of hearing about this is recalled or that recalled and this is from place that's crazy third world conditions or from China or here there and the other. Will finally know what and where most of our food comes from. Super excited im convinced most of these cancers and diseases comes from our processing and conditions of where we're getting our food

·
gard'ner
905 Posts
Finally getting land set up for homesteading. Im excited. Going to have a big garden this year.

im convinced most of these cancers and diseases comes from our processing and conditions of where we're getting our food
Me too.
Where abouts are you putting down roots?

Mississippi?

Should be really good gardening... if you don't get washed away... Y'all get a lot of rain there...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
grats to both of you ,,,I am 10 years into mine and even if its a ton of work having it and working it into better shape it is becoming a second income stream as well ,,about a acre in gardens and planting fruit trees and berry bushes a ongoing project ,started literally thousands of asparagus seeds last fall in new propagation beds[seeds from my own plants],in a year or two I will replant into their home

·
Bugged out already
4,072 Posts
Congratulations! I’d love to hear more about what you have planned! I used to hang out in your neck of the woods back in the day.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you're setting up along the Mississippi, there's a nice book by Heinrich Houser that documents how he started his farm back in the forties. Really a great read. I read everything I can find about farming a small spread. You can learn lots from history.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts