Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hunter and Prepper
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals,

I have noticed a lot of people posting about books to buy online, and I thought to myself....why just not make one? I will give you a run down of what I have made for myself.

So I have two primary areas of operation (AOR) that are my main concern, a farm in NC and Va beach. Well in my manuals, I have compiled ideas for both. For example, for farm life, I have compiled pages on chicken diseases, illnesses, and treatments so that I can treat my chickens in the invent of a collapse. While I know how to raise chicks I am no vet haha. Also, I put a little more emphasis on wild, edible plants seeing how there is more green than that of Va beach.

For Va beach, I compiled pages that will just benefit me from getting out the city, such as pages from our SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) School manual just as reminders to remain low key and stay out of sight.

Overall, Instead of buying just pre made manuals, create one for yourself with stuff that YOU WILL ACTUALLY USE! What good is knowing how to snare animals when leaving in New York City? Hope this idea works for you

·
Beware of the dog!
1,941 Posts
I mentioned this several times before, I clip out articles from magazines that I like and place them into the clear plastic page protectors and file them into binders. I have a binder for firearms/shooting, camping/survival, and hunting/trapping. Anytime I find something I like I print it out or clip it out and file it away.

Great idea you have there. Did you make copies for each family member for their bug out bags?

Reactions: jcodyr19

·
Hunter and Prepper
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inresponse, sure did. I made one with each type of specialty my family members have. Like for my brother, I have stuff in the more mechanical or building region, Like building gravity fed water system and such. That way, not insulting my mother, but she doesn't need pages involving sighting in guns and such.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Iv got both. Iv got a couple of pocket manuals (Lofty Wisemans SAS Manual and Food for Free), but Iv also got a pocket home made manual with things they just dont mention. Its in screw binders what you can etension parts for, so it can be any depth you like.

·
Registered
365 Posts
While I am establishing quite a library of Survival books, wild ediables etc. I also have created a expandable folder of specific articles on many subjects. This makes it alot easier to refresh on the main topics without searching through books, internet etc. I have also created the identical saved on the computer and saved to a thumb drive.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
When planting a home garden, or running a farm, its important to keep track of when you planted your crops and fed your livestock.

If nothing else, keep track of when the crops were planted, and when the first harvest was.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
Back when i was a fire supporter we would compile FIST handbooks using the flight books you could get from the PX or the supply room... generally 4"x6" document protectors with two or 3 1" rings to bind them togather... they were quite handy for your morst important/relevant information.

the problem with survival is that you probably have more scenarios to plan for than knowing call for fire formats and minimum safe distances... might be tough to fit all you need in one ref.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts