Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal ...
ive managed to get my hands on ( for free ... dont you just love free stuff ) a good 2.5hp honda gasoline engine ... from a broken pressure washer of all things ... the water pump is bust ... and can easly be removed ( 4 bolts ) leaving the working engine and the mounts.
So my question is ...
can it be made into a generator ...
ive heard of people making generators outta lawn mowers ... but never a pressure washer engine ?
comments / ideas as always greatly received ...
AK

·
thank you vets
274 Posts
mr ak
yes you can use it. look at this site www.easttexashomepower.blogspot.com.
look for the post for homemade generator it will give you the wiring diagram and some pictures on how some have been built.the size of engine you have would be good for a washing machine motor hooked up as a generator. all instructions are there on the site.it would put out about 500 to 1000 watts.same power you have in your home 60 htz. at 120 volts.good luck and do try this and be careful its real power. let us know how it turns out.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I never realized how powerful those motors could be. This was just in the news today.
Let us know how your project comes out.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/27043174.html
Go-cart wreck kills Livingston man

Advocate Florida parishes bureau
Published: Aug 16, 2008 - Page: 4B - UPDATED: 12:05 a.m.
DENHAM SPRINGS — A Denham Springs man died Wednesday of injuries he received when a homemade go-cart he was driving ran into a tree Aug. 8, deputies said Friday.

Joshua Amacker, 28, 21411 Whittom Lane, was critically injured in the crash of a go-cart powered by a Honda pressure washer machine on Carew Harris Road south of Denham Springs, a statement from the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office said.

Amacker was kept on life-support systems at a hospital until Wednesday, when his organs could be donated to at least three other people, deputies said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are very powerful and also dangerous. The guy in the newspaper article joshua earl amacker, was my best friend more of an older brother, he hit a tree down the road from my house and broke his brain stem. Josh was on the go cart at about 11:00 pm that night. So please be careful with what you do with these types of motors....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does in produce MSW or PSW? Thats' kind of important as pretty much all electrical devices now are made to run on PSW. I mean they might run on MSW but they could be damaged or run poorly. Just something to think about....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.