Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not heard anything on the news about the virus, infecting scores of homeless, people ?? Usually the homeless are allways on the news , but not since the virus, got here ??Maybe i just missed the news report about that .

·
Indefatigable
20,123 Posts
I've give that questions some thought - The largest CROWD of homeless people I see are people standing in the chow line at night. The dining room holds about 250 at one time. The dorms half that, although many try to avoid them anyhow because of the bugs. Tulsa's homeless except for the meth kitchens down by the river, don't general sleep in camps.
Maybe that's it?

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
They are isolated from the general public and we do our best not to get close to them. They may do better as a group. Time will tell. If they do fall you the virus, avoid hospitals that take them in. Best to avoid hospitals entirely.

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,811 Posts
The lack of data regarding the homeless is indeed puzzling. One could argue acquired immunity, or is could be they are infected but the mortality rate simply is not great enough for causing alarm.

Reactions: jimbowie1

·
Start up the rotors
7,655 Posts
This is one case where I'm OK if the virus gets the upper hand...
I mean, win/win!

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,811 Posts
This is one case where I'm OK if the virus gets the upper hand...

I mean, win/win!
Hmmmm, instant Kharma is going to get you...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Only politics *****.
5,599 Posts
Most cases at the moment are people who visited abroad, or who had direct contact with people who visited abroad. Not really the demographic to have a lot of direct contact with the homeless. That will change as more people get infected. As more get infected, it'll quickly spread to the homeless too, and those aren't known to visit many doctors so it'll stay underreported there too.

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
They are probably immune since they live in all manner of filth.

I beg to differ somewhat on that. Have you ever seen the video's of the Open Markets in Wuhan SAY WHAT? They make the Homeless look clean. though they can withstand more than the average American when it comes to germs like the People living in countries with very poor water and living conditions.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I imagine the biggest problem will be lack of reporting. Many will not seek help because it will put them in an environment where they cannot access heroin or other drug of choice. Others that suffer from mental illness may not perceive the threat. Plus, who is going to go walking through the homeless camps to check on these people?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I hate to say it but this Pandemic might be the gene pool correction we need to reduce the population of the planet.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Approx 35k in Los Angeles County are homeless, about 24k of them are in the city of Los Angeles.

It will spread very fast in the city. Are there immune systems healthy? Doubt it. Sanitary conditions? Probably as bad as you could imagine.

IMO, they won't do well at all.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,516 Posts
AS I said elsewhere..
not to be cruel but who cares?

If they get it it is expected
if they do not it is expected

The only time someone pays any attention to the homeless is when they can have something newsworthy come from the event, like the dead raccoon guy in McD's.

When I was working UC I spent a day posing as a homeless person.

Got some dirty clothes, a beat up shopping cart filled with junk and planted myself by a dumpster that had a unique vantage point to a certain operating retail unlicensed pharmaceutical establishment. I had a big bundle of bags and clothes on my lap and using it as a blanket type thing as I ran about 4 hours of video. My paper bag on my "wine" bottle that was filled with cider was very refreshing. When I needed to relieve myself, I got up, walked up the alley a few feet and let er rip. It was very... liberating to be released from the constraints of "civilized society."

NO ONE ever looked at me including the drug dealer's lookouts prowling around every now and then. IT is like becoming invisible. The only people who actually saw me were other bag people. But I showed bad manners and never let them take a hit out of brotherly camaraderie.

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
I've been homeless, but never a drugge or wineo. I know homeless people that work, they just can't make enough money to afford a place to live.
I know some that are incredibly intelligent, some even have a load of money.
They isolate themselves from society because of others that worry them.
Many of the homeless may out live you..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts