Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I AM A SHEEPDOG
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was think about home security i could do,because during the day no ones home and sometimes i get worried.im thinking of putting a bad arse fence around my property and getting some dogs,such as rottweiler,pitbull,rhodesian ridgeback,german shephards,or some dobermans.im also getting some nightvision cameras for outside.an all steel vault door for all the doors in the house,but made to look like wood doors.thicker walls.bulletproof windows, and a custom security system.can you guys and girls :rolleyes: give me some suggestiosn?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
You're basic security should be set down like this:

You should have a home alarm system that you set when you go out. This should be set to monitor the doors, and it should cover your windows with sensors. You can also line the windows with this thin plastic so if they shatter, they won't cave in.

Your doors should be solid and have deadbolts. If they have deadbolts and are anchored in to the wall really good, you shouldn't have a problem.

A fence and gate are a pretty good idea. As for dogs, I have an Alano Espanol. The Alano Espanol was used in Spain to tackle cows during the middle ages. They are a furious breed of dog.

Also, do you live in the suburbs, city or in the country?

·
Banned
317 Posts
Rambo? all my alarms makes a hell of a noise and that's what scares the thief the most..........inside my home and under my windows (five of them) I have a 3'X4'X1/2" steel plate and because no one ever comes into my home they don't know that I have it.

In one of the bedroom a have a trap door to drop under my house and on three sides I took out some bricks out of the walls to have a shooting hole.

·
I AM A SHEEPDOG
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i live in the country,i was think deer hound because they can take down a deer,and run it down.....but i was also thinking the german shephard cuz its easily trainable,same with the rottweiler and the american pitbull terrier and the doberman

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
since i live in a appt i cant do alot of customizing so its fairly limited.

First line is a dead bolt and those magnetic alarms that you can stick on anything that moves, there cheep, very loud, and not easly detected. They wont help when i'm not home, but when i am they give me one hell of a wake up alarm.

Seccond is my dog, 100lbs of fully trained German shepard.

Third is my fieance...shes pure hell when shes woken up eirly.

For bedroom security is my Rem. 870 with 1 bean bag and 4 00 buck behind that. For clearing the house, a Bersa .380(hers), Smith .357 loaded with some custom hand loads...sure to make someone have a very bad day, and soon a Glock 23.

That steel plate is a great idea...i'll look into that.

If it gets REALY bad i have a few things in the closet. :D:

O and cant forget the chemicals, 4 CS tactical gernades, 2 smoke, and a bunch of OC.

When i get a house i'll have ALOT more.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
might I suggest....

the real prototypes operate on movement recognition software, and can be activated and de activated or manually operated.

This is the Korean version:

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Remimber that tv sho Robot wars? yeah...i'm thinking about building somthing like that. lol

think its 922R compliant?

·
I AM A SHEEPDOG
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
since i live in a appt i cant do alot of customizing so its fairly limited.

First line is a dead bolt and those magnetic alarms that you can stick on anything that moves, there cheep, very loud, and not easly detected. They wont help when i'm not home, but when i am they give me one hell of a wake up alarm.

Seccond is my dog, 100lbs of fully trained German shepard.

Third is my fieance...shes pure hell when shes woken up eirly.

For bedroom security is my Rem. 870 with 1 bean bag and 4 00 buck behind that. For clearing the house, a Bersa .380(hers), Smith .357 loaded with some custom hand loads...sure to make someone have a very bad day, and soon a Glock 23.

That steel plate is a great idea...i'll look into that.

If it gets REALY bad i have a few things in the closet. :D:

O and cant forget the chemicals, 4 CS tactical gernades, 2 smoke, and a bunch of OC.

When i get a house i'll have ALOT more.
where did you buy these chemicals?i want some:thumb::thumb:

·
tinfoil bandana
1,164 Posts
My house looks the ones in the movies where college kids are killed and their skins used for lampshades...
Having an enormous garage with all the windows boarded up from the inside makes an impression.

I don't DO any of that, but the house just has a 'you are not welcome' look to it that keeps people away.
It's worked well so far.

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
i would hope you have enough common sense not to let loose any chemical grenades or sprays in an apt complex not only will you be homeless, you will more than likely receive ucmj action and then be turned over to the civilian courts for further prosecution. if you get off lucky you wont get sued by anyone.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If you want a dog, get a puppy or as young a dog as you can from the pound or a shelter. And get a mutt. A lot of dogs are mixes of Rottweillers plus something, or Shepherds plus something, and you will avoid the health and temperment problems that purebreds can have, plus your dog will appreciate you giving them a good home, and that is loyalty you can't buy or train.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
If you want a dog, get a puppy or as young a dog as you can from the pound or a shelter. And get a mutt. A lot of dogs are mixes of Rottweillers plus something, or Shepherds plus something, and you will avoid the health and temperment problems that purebreds can have, plus your dog will appreciate you giving them a good home, and that is loyalty you can't buy or train.

I have a wolf + husky. He's a huge dog that looks like a wolf, but he's sweet and might lick someone to death.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Keep your house visible. By this I mean don't have shrubs near the house where an intruder can hide. On your house you should have a quality alarm system that is monitored and has a radio call in feature, in case the phone is cut. Dogs are great to give you warning but unless they are properly trained most will not confront an intruder. Game cameras work well in photographing the intruder but do nothing to stop them. At night keep your exterior well lit, again give them no where to hide.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im also getting some nightvision cameras for outside.

...give me some suggestiosn?
You didn't mention DVR. But you will need one and even the lower end units offer alarm notification. Meaning you can have the DVR send a "snap shot" of the person or thing that trips the motion detection. Pretty slick. You can point a camera at your front door and every time someone enters the field of view (knocks on your door for instance) you will be sent a picture. either email or smartphone, or both!

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
where did you buy these chemicals?i want some:thumb::thumb:
I get my stuff from work;) but you can get the stuff from here, if you dont mind the hazmat shipping...

http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35_47

They also have stun devises, ie. flashbangs...:D: look under the Less Lethal tab on the bottom left. :thumb:

I's highly recomend that you load atleast one bean-bag/rubber sabot/pellet round in your shotgun. thies days prosicuters can win ANYTHING. This way you can prove with out any doubt that the intruder was meaning to do harm because if they dont stop you can shoot them & if they keep comming they obviously arnt comming to give you a pat on the back.

Just remimber, any time you use a Less Lethal devise in ANY other way than specified than the manufacture, it becomes a Lethal devise.

With bag rounds aim low, first for the legs then thighs and NO HIGHER. if that dosent work a sock/bag round to the head will most likly result in death.

The higher the threat, the higher the muzzel.

·
I AM A SHEEPDOG
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i have 4 shotguns and there all pumps,in ech i have 2 rounds pepper,2 rounds bean bag,2 rounds rubber bullets the last 2 i have deer slug and fletchette rounds.

·
I AM A SHEEPDOG
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You didn't mention DVR. But you will need one and even the lower end units offer alarm notification. Meaning you can have the DVR send a "snap shot" of the person or thing that trips the motion detection. Pretty slick. You can point a camera at your front door and every time someone enters the field of view (knocks on your door for instance) you will be sent a picture. either email or smartphone, or both!
where can i get this at....a link?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts