Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a couple of posts where people had encountered drunks who were trying to get into their houses. Heres someone who shot one. I'll try to keep this post updated as the news updates come in.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/89466747.html?video=pop&t=a

The intruder entered the house and was told to leave and the owner was armed and ready to shoot. The intruder refused to leave and was shot. The intruder was a drunk school teacher who was attending a near by party.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was it an accident or did the guy have other motives? Hard to tell now I guess, but people should have the right to defend themselves in their own home.
From what they have been saying on the news that the intruder just came in and refused to leave and when the home owner demanded he leave the house the intruder moved towards the armed home owner. The home owner felt intimidated so he shot. They are going to release the 911 call that they say caught some of the interaction between the homeowner and drunk intruder. I'll post it when they air it.

I will be damned to let some drunk kick my butt in my house when I am armed. What is he supose to do lay the shotgun at his feet so it would be a fare fight?

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts
From what they have been saying on the news that the intruder just came in and refused to leave and when the home owner demanded he leave the house the intruder moved towards the armed home owner. The home owner felt intimidated so he shot. They are going to release the 911 call that they say caught some of the interaction between the homeowner and drunk intruder. I'll post it when they air it.

I will be damned to let some drunk kick my butt in my house when I am armed. What is he supose to do lay the shotgun at his feet so it would be a fare fight?
Thanks.

I agree. Once the firearm is pulled, there is no way that it's going to switch hands. :xeye:

·
In a pile of brass
3,775 Posts
You cant be serious.......

If this guy goes to jail, or owes the drunks family anything..... I swear a vein in my head will blow...

Who cares if he was a 5th grade teacher???

He was a damn drunk. I wouldnt want him teaching my kids???

How would the fact he was a 5th grade teacher with a perfect record even come into play??? The only thing in question is why was he is the house?

I dont give a hoot if its the captian of the national junior honor society breaking into my house, better him dead than possibly me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I love it.

He was at a party.
He wandered into a neighbors house.
He refused to leave.

No one can figure out why he did it?

Stupid media, grow some balls and just say it. The super cool, smart, awesome 5th grade teacher and coach was SH!T FACED at a party and stumbled into the wrong house then got belligerent with the armed homeowner.

Seems pretty cut and dry.

If they want to prosecute someone, prosecute Darwin, it appears this was all his doing.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
the drunk was in the wrong, but the homeowner was a scared little wimp. you see someone is blasted out of thier mind you kinda adjust your action plan to fit the situation.

i'd think when the drunk sobered up, he'd be happy he got knocked out rather than shot.

when the homeowner's daughter gets super drunk at college and arrested someday he will wonder why the cops didnt cut her some slack.

·
Registered
751 Posts
It all depends on the homeowner, too...a little old lady...yeah, I could see her taking that shot. Back when I was in college (no guns allowed on campus) I used to keep a can of foaming mace for just such an occasion. It didn't have quite the air-bomb effect that a more typical mace might have, and it stuck to the person's face.

If that didn't work, of course, there was always the pipe with about 5# of lead in the tip, but I tried to keep the dorm owners from knowing about that. :taped:

·
SquiddusMaximus (Retired)
3,059 Posts
MORE:

Violent death of teacher rife with 'whys'
Shooting inside a home perplexes all concerned
By Dan Herbeck and Gene Warner
News Staff Reporters
Updated: March 30, 2010, 8:23 am / 85 comments
Published: March 30, 2010, 11:22 am
In Albany, educators and students are mourning the shooting death of a popular, award- winning elementary school teacher.

In Amherst, police are trying to determine how and why it happened.

In a bizarre case that has touched off debate about using guns for home protection, 31- year-old David A. Park was fatally shot Sunday after he entered a stranger's home at about 1 a.m.

Park was a fifth-grade teacher at Arbor Hill Elementary School in Albany, where his peers gave him a Founders Day Award last year for excellence in the classroom.

"We are deeply saddened by this tragic news," said Albany School Superintendent Raymond Colucciello. "David Park was a loved and respected teacher with a strong commitment to his students and their families."

No charges have been filed against the homeowner, identified by multiple sources as David D'Amico. The man told police that he thought Park was a burglar. He said he repeatedly warned Park that he was armed and told him to leave the premises.

A blast from D'Amico's hunting rifle killed Park at the foot of a staircase leading toward the bedroom where D'Amico and his wife had been sleeping.

As the investigation enters its third day, Amherst police and the Erie County district attorney's office are looking for answers to some perplexing questions:

• Why did Park go into the D'Amico home early Sunday?

• If D'Amico warned Park that he was armed and ordered him to leave, why didn't Park comply?

• Was D'Amico within his legal rights to shoot him?

"I don't know if we'll ever know why [Park] went into the house," Amherst Assistant Police Chief Timothy M. Green said Monday. "Maybe another person we can talk to will have an idea what went on."

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/30/1003421/violent-death-of-teacher-rife.html

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
holy crap i didnt realize this was in new york.........the shooter is SCREWED. in NY you have a duty to retreat, and can only respond to a deadly threat, armed person.

you have to have:
1. no way to escape/retreat
2. realistic belief that the perp is going to kill you

you can not defend property.

so a man the same size as you unarmed, no good. it will be interesting to see what happens to the home owner. hope he has a good lawyer. although in his defense buffalo is a total hell hole, very high crime and lots of scummers.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the drunk was in the wrong, but the homeowner was a scared little wimp. you see someone is blasted out of thier mind you kinda adjust your action plan to fit the situation.
Amherst is an upper middle class suburb of Buffalo. You get a lot of well to do punks in that area that feel intitled to do what they want. I figure the drunk teacher was told to leave and got verbally abusive and threatening. I bet he got what he deserved.

Punk teenagers from Amherst always learn the hard way that they run their mouths to the wrong people they will get their butts handed to them. Its usually some poor white trash or poor inner city urban trash that does the beating who end up being the ones who get into trouble. This time it was a scared well to do white home owner so he will probably walk but will get his behind handed to him in a lawsuit.

If it was me I'd let my two American Bulldogs have a talk to him before the cops show up.

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts

i'd think when the drunk sobered up, he'd be happy he got knocked out rather than shot.

when the homeowner's daughter gets super drunk at college and arrested someday he will wonder why the cops didnt cut her some slack.
And at least 1/2 the people that would say what you did would have called the guy a dumbass if he dropped his weapon and got beaten down (or worse) by the drunken home indtruder.

With a young daughter around, I can't afford to give the guy standing in my home too many opportunities to act myself.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I have to admit, I've had something like this happen to me once many years back I answered the door with my ruger in my waist band. The drunk (a close by neighbor I'd never spoke to) just come in and started giving me hell over his cat getting run over in front of my house. Realizing he was drunk I didn't do anything but tell him to go home and sober up that I didn't even know who he was or where he lived. LOL... Even if he'd threatened me I'd just kicked the obama out of him. Now if he'd kicked in the door that would have been another story.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.