Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about buying stuff from the Grocery Store and make my own MRE's. So far I have found tuna packets, food bars, energy bars, etc. any one know of other items I could use. I have one of those food savers to seal them up and will rotate them out when they get old when I go hunting.

·
Misfit Toy
2,185 Posts
Jerry recommended Bison Jerkey. When I did mine, I replaced the beef jerkey I had with Bison jerkey.

You can also make pennican (sp) and seal it if you have a vacuum sealer. I also put dried fruit mix in my MRE's as well this gorp mix that sells at Walmart in individual packets.

I added small packets of rice to accommodate the tuna pouches (if you soak it in water for 15-20 minutes prior to boiling, it finishes up quickly).

I included a multi-vitamin, sugar, drink mix (individual packets of gatorade, green tea, coco, coffee) salt, pepper, hand sanitizing napkin, sesame/honey crisps, chocolate (fruit & nut Cadburys) protein energy bars, 5 hour energy, 1-shot V-8's, sundried tomatoes, 1 each small bottle of Appleton Estates rum, Glinlivet Scotch, Crown Royal Rye and one cigarette in cellophane wrap in a plastic tube.

Sealed them up in plastic. I have 3.5 days of rations in my EDC/GHB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts