Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a dry ice machine for under $500.00 it uses c02 I think it will be my next prep

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Interesting,, I got some stuff in the other day packed in dry ice. Put the dry ice block in the freezer figuring to use it again into days. Went to get it out and it was gone ???? Evaporated or something.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Interesting,, I got some stuff in the other day packed in dry ice. Put the dry ice block in the freezer figuring to use it again into days. Went to get it out and it was gone ???? Evaporated or something.
Dry ice is stable at -109F, much colder than your freezer can generate. It sublimated (went straight from solid to gas without melting into liquid form).

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
now ain't that some crap :)
thanks for the intel.

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
I used to love playing with dry ice,.....throw it into a bucket of warm water and get an instant fog bank.:D:

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
I used to love playing with dry ice,.....throw it into a bucket of warm water and get an instant fog bank.:D:
Did your momma ever tell you, you ain't quite right ?? :)

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
Did your momma ever tell you, you ain't quite right ?? :)
I put my momma through all sorts of grief when I was growing up!
I remember one Fourth of July when I built,...........uh, I better not go there, Kev no likes discussions on that subject.:D:

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Bless you my child you are forgiven for all past sins ( does that still work if I am southern free will baptist )

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
About ten years ago, I was recruited tobuild sets for a BIG production of Dicken's A Christmas Carol. The director wanted to be able to flood the stage with low lying fog in about 6 seconds, and clear it in about the same amount of time. I built two smoke machines that use dry ice. One 55gal. drum on it's side with another centered upright on top of it. The top one was cut to fit around the bottom one and welded in place like an upside down "T". I installed a large water heater element into the bottom barrel and made a hatch opening in the side of the top barrel. A plastic milk crate hung inside the top barrel filled with large blocks of dry ice. A cable passed out the top was used to lower the crate into the near boiling water. Also from the top was an 8" flex duct that fed to the floor vents in the stage. The reaction was VERY violent! With both smoke machines going, you could inundate the entire auditorium very quickly. You regulated the smoke by how far into the water you lowered the ice. They are still in use today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts