Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met this guy one time when I was in a home depot..... and his take on obammy and his so called plans are right on the money...

Home Depot Co-Founder Blasts Obama

Even ‘Brain-Dead Economists’ Get It

Marcus blasted Obama and his policies, saying “even brain-dead economists understand that when you raise taxes, you cost jobs.”

IBD: If you could sit down with Obama and talk to him about job creation, what would you say?

Marcus: I‘m not sure Obama would understand anything that I’d say, because he’s never really worked a day outside the political or legal area. He doesn’t know how to make a payroll, he doesn’t understand the problems businesses face. I would try to explain that the plight of the businessman is very reactive to Washington. As Washington piles on regulations and mandates, the impact is tremendous. I don‘t think he’s a bad guy. I just think he has no knowledge of this.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hom...asts-obama-even-brain-dead-economists-get-it/

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
It is also really interesting how much product made in CHINA has been making its way into HD lately. It also seems like they keep getting cheaper and cheaper product and raising the prices. Until they get their own house in order not going to put much stock in his comments.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think at this point we all know that obama doesnt have a clue or he is doing it on purpose. And I do.nt think hes stupid so that only leaves on purpose. Humm I wonder why?
Obummer is a puppet just like Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr. and the list goes on that are controlled by the corporate oligarchy.

Kapture1,
Nope, I know about GE, but I am sure that lots of corporations get tax breaks, etc. from all levels of Government, so until a company can absolutely say they are totally free market, they should not throw stones.

·
PaPaKAPture
248 Posts
Kapture1,
Nope, I know about GE, but I am sure that lots of corporations get tax breaks, etc. from all levels of Government, so until a company can absolutely say they are totally free market, they should not throw stones.
More of a joke than anything. come to think about it, it is a BIG joke. GE pays no taxes....

and with the move Obama has made for the railroad, GE stands to make millions in profit, all while not paying a dime. General Electric is structuring their business around where government is going ... high-speed rail, solar, wind. GE is lining up to get what government is handing out

Obama must be getting some type of kickback. Funny how the Progressives were all up in arms over the BUSH/HALIBURTON theroy.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Home Depot paid triple the “current” federal taxes that Coca-Cola did last year — $1.48 billion. Because it could only defer a small fraction of its federal income taxes, Home Depot’s current tax rate was 30.4 percent of its U.S. pre-tax profits of $4.9 billion.

Coca-Cola’s “current” federal tax expense — not counting “deferred” taxes that might not be paid for decades, if ever — was $470 million last year. That was only 6.5 percent of the $7.2 billion in pre-tax profits that Coca-Cola reported for its U.S. operations in annual disclosures to investors last year. (A Coca-Cola spokesman said the company actually paid federal income taxes “significantly higher” than $470 million last year. It also said its federal tax rate worked out to 38 to 39 percent because its taxable income was lower than the $7.2 billion reported to shareholders, but didn’t release supporting figures.)

I have stocks in home depot so I get this stuff every quarter...and these numbers are reported in numerous papers across the US...

·
المسيح ه
1,031 Posts
I met this guy one time when I was in a home depot..... and his take on obammy and his so called plans are right on the money...

Marcus blasted Obama and his policies, saying “even brain-dead economists understand that when you raise taxes, you cost jobs.”

IBD: If you could sit down with Obama and talk to him about job creation, what would you say?

Marcus: I‘m not sure Obama would understand anything that I’d say, because he’s never really worked a day outside the political or legal area. He doesn’t know how to make a payroll, he doesn’t understand the problems businesses face. I would try to explain that the plight of the businessman is very reactive to Washington. As Washington piles on regulations and mandates, the impact is tremendous. I don‘t think he’s a bad guy. I just think he has no knowledge of this.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hom...asts-obama-even-brain-dead-economists-get-it/
Kinda hard to take Home depot serious when they are proud supporters of gay, lesbian and yes, transgender freaks. Home Depot is under a boycott of the conservative Christian community.

The Home Depot Sponsors Kids’ Booths At Gay Pride Parades; AFA Launches Boycott

http://www.citizenlink.com/2010/07/...hs-at-gay-pride-parades-afa-launches-boycott/

check the photos out in this one:

http://usactionnews.com/2010/07/home-depot-sponsors-gay-pride-event/

Home Depot fires employee for wearing Patriotic "God Bless America" pin, in support of his Brother serving overseas.

http://www.examiner.com/roman-catho...nation-under-god-button-amf-calls-for-boycott

Although no action is taken against the sexual deviants employeed by the Home Depot who wear there work uniforms in a Home Depot supported gay "Pride" event in Florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr4vMkXvHOw&feature=player_embedded#at=11

I think the Home Depot co-founder is reaping what they have sewn.
Screw HD, i sold my stock when i found out about this garbage. Three weeks ago i gladly spent $1,219 at Lowes and another $477 at a local mom and pop country general store.
Now, HD wants to blame ultra Liberal, marxist, Chrislam leader Obama....screw HD!

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Kinda hard to take Home depot serious when they are proud supporters of gay, lesbian and yes, transgender freaks. Home Depot is under a boycott of the conservative Christian community.

http://www.citizenlink.com/2010/07/...hs-at-gay-pride-parades-afa-launches-boycott/

Home Depot fires employee for wearing Patriotic "God Bless America" pin, in support of his Brother serving overseas.

http://www.examiner.com/roman-catho...nation-under-god-button-amf-calls-for-boycott

Although no action is taken against the sexual deviants employeed by the Home Depot who wear there work uniforms in a Home Depot supported gay "Pride" event in Florida.

Screw HD, i sold my stock when i found out about this garbage. Three weeks ago i gladly spent $1,219 at Lowes and another $477 at a local mom and pop country general store.
Now, HD wants to blame ultra Liberal, marxist, Chrislam leader Obama....screw HD!
??????????????
lol

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Home Depot paid triple the “current” federal taxes that Coca-Cola did last year — $1.48 billion. Because it could only defer a small fraction of its federal income taxes, Home Depot’s current tax rate was 30.4 percent of its U.S. pre-tax profits of $4.9 billion.

Coca-Cola’s “current” federal tax expense — not counting “deferred” taxes that might not be paid for decades, if ever — was $470 million last year. That was only 6.5 percent of the $7.2 billion in pre-tax profits that Coca-Cola reported for its U.S. operations in annual disclosures to investors last year. (A Coca-Cola spokesman said the company actually paid federal income taxes “significantly higher” than $470 million last year. It also said its federal tax rate worked out to 38 to 39 percent because its taxable income was lower than the $7.2 billion reported to shareholders, but didn’t release supporting figures.)

I have stocks in home depot so I get this stuff every quarter...and these numbers are reported in numerous papers across the US...
Lets not forget how many people (most were employees) Marcus turned into millionaires when he convinced them to invest in Home Depot in the very beginning. If we could get people like Marcus to run for political office, instead of lawyers, activists and professional bull**** artists our country wouldn't be in the mess it is now.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Small bus hiring is down drastically since passage of Obamacare, his tax rate increase threats, alphabet regulators run amok.

Gee I wonder why.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lets not forget how many people (most were employees) Marcus turned into millionaires when he convinced them to invest in Home Depot in the very beginning. If we could get people like Marcus to run for political office, instead of lawyers, activists and professional bull**** artists our country wouldn't be in the mess it is now.

yep when we bought into it, the stocks were something like 21 and in 82 they split at 3 for 2, then in april 82 they split at 5 for 4, In 99 they were runinng at 3 for 2 at 102 dollars. economy goes up and down but it has paid off...

Today they are going at about 36 bucks a share...

certainly worked for us, my late uncle told me way back you ought to take that money you inherited and ivest in that outfit, I think they are going to go some where real soon... wish I had listened to him a lot more...

·
Registered
266 Posts

Ok, so punish a company by not shopping there, a company who pays it taxes, pays its employees 10 percent or more than average for simular retail jobs, offers a benifit plan to employees that is way better than federal guidelines require, whos stock value generally makes money for the investers, donates generously in cash, merchandise and volunteer labor to local community projects across the country all because they chose not to discriminate against any minority group (homosexuals, by your example)
Thats ok, your probally not the type of customer they really enjoy having in the store anyway.
Oh and just fyi, that incident in florida with the flagpin was a local managers interpitation of corporate standards. The management at the stores in my area went around giving out flag pins to anyone who wanted one, and were vocal in there belief the manger in florida who caused that ruckus was a dumb (insert choice cuse word)

·
Registered
8,154 Posts

Then why did the US/UK/Germany/Japan/Canada/etc boom when income taxes were raised to 91% in the 1950's for the richest people and corporations paid 55% corporate tax??

If low taxes/little to no government were so awesome Africa (and every 3rd world country) would be the best place on earth.

BTW - Marcus himself has stated openly about bribing public officials at a 'banker bailout conference'..

"If a retailer has not gotten involved in this, if he has not spent money on this election, if he has not sent money to [former Sen.] Norm Coleman and all these other guys, they should be shot. They should be thrown out their ******* jobs," Marcus declared.
Audio at link below...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/27/bank-of-america-hosted-an_n_161248.html

So funny how he is for bailouts for him and his bankster friends yet workers being allowed to have an election to form a union or not is the 'demise of a civilization'. :D:

Nothing like watching a leech whining about how his muppets aren't doing what they are suppose to be doing...namely helping people like him with their bailouts instead of the taxpayers/people who elected them.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
i was doing some stock research back a month ago and noticed the differences in total tax liability of co's and it was amazing the difference. %15 to %43 is way to big a difference in a country that is supposed to have equal protection under the law.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
More of a joke than anything. come to think about it, it is a BIG joke. GE pays no taxes....

and with the move Obama has made for the railroad, GE stands to make millions in profit, all while not paying a dime. General Electric is structuring their business around where government is going ... high-speed rail, solar, wind. GE is lining up to get what government is handing out

Obama must be getting some type of kickback.
Isn't that the fascist method of gov/bus partnership/control?
The kickback is campaign contributions, as well as media support.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
One more thing Home Depot lobbied very hard to reduce tariffs on imported chinese made goods.

Buried in two small paragraphs on page 710 of the massive, stalled energy bill is a measure that would lift a tariff on Chinese-made ceiling fans sold by Home Depot. The new language was inserted during the closed-door conference committee and had never been debated by either branch of Congress. According to estimates by the Joint Committee on Taxation, suspension of the tariffs would cost the U.S. Treasury $48 million over five years. Home Depot CEO Robert Nardelli – who is making the trip up from Atlanta to appear alongside Bush – is hoping the White House will do some more arm-twisting on the energy bill to overcome a Senate filibuster that has blocked its passage.
http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/pressroomredirect.cfm?ID=1600

If they were really for creating 'American jobs' they would buy American made not China.

More like Marcus and his corporate execs are against taxes for people like himself.

·
المسيح ه
1,031 Posts
Ok, so punish a company by not shopping there, a company who pays it taxes, pays its employees 10 percent or more than average for simular retail jobs, offers a benifit plan to employees that is way better than federal guidelines require, whos stock value generally makes money for the investers, donates generously in cash, merchandise and volunteer labor to local community projects across the country all because they chose not to discriminate against any minority group (homosexuals, by your example)
Thats ok, your probally not the type of customer they really enjoy having in the store anyway.
Oh and just fyi, that incident in florida with the flagpin was a local managers interpitation of corporate standards. The management at the stores in my area went around giving out flag pins to anyone who wanted one, and were vocal in there belief the manger in florida who caused that ruckus was a dumb (insert choice cuse word)
So, gays are a "minority group" The PC is out of control. If the Manager in Florida was wrong for what he did where is the Corporate applogy??
Unfortunately, not only are deviants winning the hearts of American law-makers, there also winning the hearts of many other spineless Americans, who apparently have no/lost values.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts