Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Deplorable
4,356 Posts
If you attach a sidesaddle to the receiver, don't you have to remove it to detail strip the gun?

Beyond a tube extension and maybe a light, for HD your money is best spent on ammo and training.

·
Deplorable
4,356 Posts
I agree on the side saddle. Standard pump shotguns don't have the round count of the 9mm the bad guy is totting. I've been dedicating my shotgunning practice to learning how to load one shell at a time quickly from the saddle and the buttstock. This gives me 20rounds to deploy rather quickly. 7 in the magazine tube +1 in the chamber +6 in the side saddle +6 on the buttstock =20rounds. That is one hell of a defense. Shoot, no reason to not stash a few in a sling saddle too. Mind you, this is without keeping rounds in your pocket or wearing a chest rig with shell carriers. This isn't even my primary long-gun. I think its worth the extra time to detail strip.
How many home defense scenarios require more than half a dozen rounds of 12 gauge? One or two on target would take out Mr. 9mm rather quickly. If you're in a protracted fire fight with a shotgun, you're not in a home defense scenario unless you're re-enacting the Alamo. Too much add-on junk defeats the purpose of being fast and nimble with a HD shotgun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.