Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree on the side saddle. Standard pump shotguns don't have the round count of the 9mm the bad guy is totting. I've been dedicating my shotgunning practice to learning how to load one shell at a time quickly from the saddle and the buttstock. This gives me 20rounds to deploy rather quickly. 7 in the magazine tube +1 in the chamber +6 in the side saddle +6 on the buttstock =20rounds. That is one hell of a defense. Shoot, no reason to not stash a few in a sling saddle too. Mind you, this is without keeping rounds in your pocket or wearing a chest rig with shell carriers. This isn't even my primary long-gun. I think its worth the extra time to detail strip.

·
Registered
293 Posts
For basic home defense, yes that is a lot. But I'm not preparing for one or 2 crackhead thugs that want to steal my TV. They can have the TV. Not much I care to watch on it anyway.
These days the threats have evolved to something more sadistic. I'm adjusting my plans accordingly. Can't see any reason why I'd say "I have way too much ammunition available for my families defense" while in the middle of a gunfight with some ISIS loyalist that want to burn my family alive in giant a cage. Your mileage may vary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.