Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
have a safe room and make sure everyone in the house knows what to do, not just you if there are others especially kids, who's going to wrangle them up? At the first sign of trouble, move everyone to said safe room or area - that you'll defend, and seriously just call 911 and report multiple gun shots and that you think someone was shot - and that people are shooting guns all over the place and you fear for you life. IMHO, don't plan on fighting a battle, if you pay taxes for someone else to do it for you.

have some sort of a communication plan with friends, family, and especially anyone in your household. what if things go down and nobody is sure where the dog is, or a child. maybe you have guests and nobody knows where the boys are and trouble show up.
I totally agree. I'm calling 911 and praying the good guys get there fast enough.

If you told me this time last year I'd be worried about riots in my quiet neighborhood I'd think you were on something. Chances are it will never happen, but if I'm prepared I'll hopefully never have to worry. The difference between riots and a home invasion is they like to burn stuff down vs just breaking in and burning stuff, so the goal may be to keep them away from the house vs dealing with a few inside...hence the vest for mobility. I still think about that baby who died in VA when they burned the house down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You might want to stay under the radar with an overcoat... the mall ninja outfit with a plate carrier might make you a target

·
Fenced In
3,251 Posts
For not much more money than one of the numerous vests or chest rigs on the market, you can get a plate carrier (empty) and add plates later on. Just be sure that 1) it will actually accommodate the appropriate-sized plates (usually 8x10, 10x12 or 11x14 inches) and 2) it can be adjusted to fit you. I made a couple mistakes in that regard, first buying an old surplus NATO carrier that was intended for old Kevlar inserts that are no longer available, and then buying a cheap carrier with very flimsy shoulder straps and buckles. I used it in an outdoor run-and-gun type class with lightweight IIIA soft plates, and between that little bit of weight and three 30-round AR mags, it was awful.

I do own a UTG vest not unlike one mentioned earlier, set up with ammo for shotgun, handgun and AR, plus a sewn-on pistol holster rather than the common velcro-attached type. It would allow for reloads of whatever gun I could grab in a hurry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd like to have a kit that I can grab right out of the safe quickly should this stuff come to my neighborhood. This is just to protect my home and I don't plan on going out into crowds.

How would you all suggest I hold extra magazines? I'm guessing a flashlight and a first aid kit would also be good to have? Maybe some zip ties and a knife? What do I buy to hold all these items for easy access? I've thought about a bag, but I'm not sure that would work well with a pistol being on my hip as well.
Some people are jerks on forums but i do agree with the seek out training. Keep stuff off your chest if you can. Find a battle belt of some kind and practice practice practice. You will resort to your worst training. Don’t expect to have your best day when under stress. A lot of running an ar is being able to manipulate and change mags without looking and quick. Don’t put mags in your pockets if you can help it. Work off a belt. Vtac belts are great but pricey. Only problem right now is most nylon goods are scarce. Good lunch. Take a class please

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Some people are jerks on forums but i do agree with the seek out training. Keep stuff off your chest if you can. Find a battle belt of some kind and practice practice practice. You will resort to your worst training. Don’t expect to have your best day when under stress. A lot of running an ar is being able to manipulate and change mags without looking and quick. Don’t put mags in your pockets if you can help it. Work off a belt. Vtac belts are great but pricey. Only problem right now is most nylon goods are scarce. Good lunch. Take a class please
A decent inexpensive belt option is the Condor LCS $30:

https://www.amazon.com/Condor-Outdo...VkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1&psc=1

We’ve a few of them. This exact type, the plastic buckle one.

Seems they have a newer version as well. No idea if the newer is better, or just different buckle.

Surprised on the quality, but they’ve lasted a good bit of use & handle a load quite well. However it’s worthwhile to note that belts may not work as well for all body types.

Also note weather & outerwear, or lack thereof. IE if setup to wear OVER outerwear, they aren’t “ready” to wear without. Takes a bit. So without outerwear & setup so, over shoulder it goes if expedient.

We’ve set them up for AR15 type use & a full-size side arm. Handgun holster, 2 handgun mag pouches, 2 kangaroo AR15 mag pouches (AR mag & handgun mag) & a single taco AR15 pouch, TQ, dump/others bag.

If a vest seems to be about as complicated as getting into a plate carrier, then IMO, one should consider a plate carrier. Some of the vests seem like carriers, but aren’t, is what I mean. You’d want something simple to put on & take off, if just a vest. Plate carriers take a bit more time (other than just getting in them & have them flop about), aside from active shooter / “simple” type styles.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts

·
BASS
2,087 Posts
If a person with a lighted Molotov Cocktail in their hand approaches my house I will aim my shotgun loaded with #4; #6 or # 71/2 birdshot. I will aim for the bottles.

If that person becomes a torch "too bad". They obviously didn't care if I have infants; young children or elderly living in my house who will probably die if our house burns. So I don't care about the thrower...
Burn Baby Burn.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I would suggest taking a look at the following article and adjoining video to get a better idea of what you might be up against:

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/09/antifa-reality-check/

For further suggestions on how to prepare for rioting (less the subject of weapons choice and training), look to the second half of the linked book:

https://unconstrainedanalytics.org/insurrection-and-violence-a-citizens-guide/

I concur with the other posts telling you to train and practice with your gear. I would also highly suggest that you network with other concerned people in your neighbourhood, especially if you can find people who could assist with firearms/gear selection and training.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm starting to think about getting shotgun flash bangs should any odd group wander onto my property. well, first couple rounds flash bangs, then - buckshot.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Get a set of Alice suspender belt with mag pouches,dump bag,IFAK ??? Just have to throw it over your shoulders and buckle up

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
the sad thing is the we have to consider and discuss this. these rioters most likely are going to be our neighbors and/or their children. the crowd mentality swoops in and they get stupid. That does not mean they will not burn, shoot or beat people, it just means they will be doing things they would not otherwise due. With the crowd mentality, it you shoot one, you shoot them all. Just a thought but if there is a riot, it would be a good time to turn on the yard sprinklers. You would be surprised how many people don't want to get wet

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I don't know about a kit. But if I lived in a city that was experiencing "mostly peaceful protests" I would start by trying to fire proof my home. I would have garden hoses hooked up and ready to go. Have a couple sprinklers on the roof. Under the eaves I would nail hose or pipe with holes in it so when water is run through them it runs runs down the walls and keeps them wet.

Steel shutters on the windows and doors. Try and not have fuel sources available outside. Try not to have handy fist sized rocks available to "protesters"

Back your vehicle into the garage at night, that way if you need to make a quick escape you don't have to back out, stop then turn to leave.

Keep the vehicle fueled up, keep food, copies of documents and bug out bags in the vehicle.

Security cameras may be a worthwhile investment.

Don't put up American flags or trump signs. I know it is cowardly, but why make your home a target, that is why the voting booth is private, no one needs to know you beliefs.

Keep your lights on and the house kept up and the yard clean. I would imagine an empty or rundown home is going to be more likely to be targeted than a a modest home that is occupied and clean.

Reinforce you doors so they can't easily be kicked in but in a way you can still get out if there is fire.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I totally agree. I'm calling 911 and praying the good guys get there fast enough.
The problem is, this summer has proven that if the mob is big enough the good guys are going to take 23 days to even get to your neighborhood.

In cases that weren't as bad I would assume they never showed up to some calls because they were just too overwhelmed.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Buy 30 IR lasers and mount them on a pivot. When the crowd is milling about in the street out front turn them on and fry some eyeballs. Make sure your behind smoke glass so they can't see you.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts