Survivalist Forum banner

Home Defense Ammo - PDX1 vs 00 Buckshot

12K views 137 replies 35 participants last post by  Rural Buckeye Guy 
Personally, I shoot 00 to get some spread at range. If you want a tight group hard hitter, just use a standard slug.

On my PD shotties I have two slugs and the rest 00 buck.

The slugs are for range, if I have to shoot through a door, stop a car advancing on my place, etc. The shot is for pretty much anything else in shotty range.

Reactions: hanzy4200
At close range, a blank will kill. Don't try to tell me bird shot will not.

Is it my go to self defense shell? No, but honestly neither is a shotgun my go to self defense weapon.

This reminds me of the constant ".22LR can't kill a person" arguments.

Where have you heard that argument? You must be hanging in the shallow part of the internet. I truly want to understand how you dingleberries interpret "Bird shot is not good for self defense" to "bird shot is harmless and can't kill you".

Frangible ammo behaves like bird shot. You are a retard, no it does not. A projectile that breaks apart on impact is not the same as a projectile that breaks apart 2 feet from the muzzle. Not many people using frangible ammo either, probably because the ballistic properties suck.
Dude!

So hostile.

Where have I heard the argument? Other than this thread right here? People are debating the LETHALITY of it, not "can it hurt you" and I said it absolutely can be lethal.

I never said a damn thing about frangible ammo. I know it does not behave like shot. BTW, I would never use frangible rounds for self defense because I have no experience with them.

No need to be calling people retards and such. Calm down. There is a difference between debate and argument.

Don't take it personally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.