Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found the perfect carry holster. Concealed or open what is your favorite style/brand of holster.
My go to holster is a Yaqui Slide for a 1911 or Browning Hipower. My only complaint is there is not much protection for the gun but it is one of the fastest to draw a pistol from that I have used.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Good topic!

I don't own this one but I have played with it at a local gun shop. It seems like more of a duty holster. The Blackhawk SERPA:
http://www.blackhawk.com/category1.asp?D=D0049&S=S0742&G=&C=&N=1&pricestart=&priceend=

It has a locking mechanism that keeps the gun from sliding outside the holster. The button on the side of the holster easily allows you to draw the pistol. Its a pretty nice fluid motion once you've tried it a few times.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I dont really have a favorite. I have the Yaqui, although I dont use it much. I also have an IWB, Paddle, and the one I currently use for concelment is a Desantis belt holster. These are just for my Glock 30 which is my carry gun usually.
For my other guns such as my .41 mag I have a Bianchi, and for my .44 mag I use a holster made my West Wood Landing, they make very versatile holsters.

http://www.wwlholsters.com/

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
I make my own holsters, leather craft is relaxing and I can pretty much make whatever I want...other than that I like the M9 chest holster for carry while in the woods. Keeps the pistol accesable and out of the way of rifle slings and pack straps.
Peter

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
out in the field trappesing through brush or rough country i use a military flap holster,in the city or surrounding hills if i must were a sidearm (we have an open view weapons law) i use an uncle mikes open top holster....works great.........

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
nothing will beat the Jordon holster for fast action out of the holster.
Its not a holster for sissys though because it doesnt have several safety retention devices, just a leather strap.............but damn they are fast:eek:

·
Registered
647 Posts
For concealed carry I depend on my front pocket for my Kel-Tec P3AT and a milt sparks VM2 for my Kimber ultra carry. This set up has worked for me for years.

Tbull:cool:

Oh yeah, and the frequent flyer belt!! Major difference over the regular leather belt from Sears!

·
7.62x39
239 Posts
For concealed, I use a fobus holster with my Sigma.
For just carrying a sidearm in hunting season or going for a walk in the woods, I take either the 357 or 44 revolver in an uncle mikes shoulder holster or hip holster.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am partial to Uncle Mike's kydex holsters . I have been toting my Glock in one for several years and have no complaints. It still looks brand new. I wear the holster on my strong side, outside the pants, with a sturdy belt and an untucked shirt. The icing on the cake for me was the price. They sell for about $20.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I have a few, but I use the Uncle Mike's Sidekick cause its slim enough to use for concealed carry, and sturdy enough to be used for duty- and it fits my Taurus like a glove.

·
A Free Man
416 Posts
My holster choice depends on the situation;
Everyday carry for my H&K USP-9 is the Miami Classic from Galco.
Field carry or high risk carry is a tactical rig on my right thigh.
I also carry a S&W 649 and that is always carried in an ankle holster on the inside of my left ankle.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've taken a big liking to my Wilderness Safepacker. In the past I used in solely for hiking in the woods, but it has now found a home for EDC. It looks like nothing more than nylon square, belt mounted "man purse" or organzier. I can carry openly but not scare anyone. There's no more need to worry about my shirt riding up and exposing my pistol, unsightly buldges and printing which leads to questions, or trying to "dress around my pistol" in the mornings. With all of the metrosexual gear pouches worn on everyone's belts today, it doesn't stand out as much as you might think.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
for my daily carry i use a custom kydex comp-tac belt holster for duty weapon with flashight attched
for woods carry i use a old beat up el-paso texas ranger belt and holster for my field carry of my 1911 pistol
now that we have switched to a glock pistol i to get a new field holster for the glock
there is a company called survival sheaths that has a great chest holster typle for wear under a jacket in the cold weather to hide the pistol as need

·
7.62x39
239 Posts
I have found so many people carry all kinds of random stuff on their belt these days that when youa re CCing and you get a print, no one even notices. Pagers, cell phones, beepers, blackberrys, bluetooth accessories, etc. have helped CC carries go even more unnoticed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts