Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good holo sight, I have not had much to do with them sinve I have been out of the Army. Can anyone give me some info on a good (cheap) sight that has good target aquisition, and good line of fire???

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
The only true Holo Sight out there is the EOTech made by Bushnell, all the other s are Red Dot sights. Both sights have there good and bad points. Trying both types your self will alow you to come to a conclution as to what those are. There are very expensive sights out there and there are very cheap sights out there and depends on your budget how good of a sight you end up with. Target aquisition is something aquired by the shooter not the sight. Both the Red Dots and the Holo sights have zero magnification although there are new 3-4x magnification scopes that can now be co-witnessed with them. There are also 1-4x Red Dot Scopes out threre that might interest you.

Question #1 - What is this optic going on?
Question #2 - What is your budget?
Question #3 - What is your objective ie. what will you be useing the weapon for primarily?

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Nice thing about the Holosight is that it projects no froward light.....Have one on one of my AR-15's , love it.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Kobra is the Russian version of the Eotech. Different technology, works great.

Bushnell Holosight is a version of the Eotech. Not as robust, but it is also good.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Aimpoints are reflex sights or red dot.
EOTechs are holographic. They give the impression that the reticle is floating out in front of you and stay on target even if the weapon is moved or you move your head slightly.

They are both solid reliable sights but my personal favorite is the EOTech.

Very fast on target and you can keep both eyes open so you stay focused on whats around you and not just your target.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,562 Posts
I have an Aimpoint Comp M2 and it also allows you to move slightly. After you have it zeroed, whatever the red dot is on is what you will hit. I love it, but damm they are expensive.

I have heard the bushnell is very nice but I haven't used one.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
I aknowledge that an acog is the end of the argument. I also cannot afford one. My wife's AR has a Bushnell MP on it. Its the best electronic for the $150 I paid. Stay away from NCStar and barska!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I like EOTechs best in terms of their "user experience", and I think they work best on ARs. I prefer Kobras or Aimpoint H-1/T-1 Micros for AKs. If you use the highly desireable UltiMak gas tube rail to mount an optic on your Kalashnikov-pattern long gun, make sure it can stand the intense heat, Aimpoints are thermally robust (and so are the Kobras with the Weaver rail mount, I'm told, although the batteries may not be), but these have been reports of problems with EOTechs on AKs getting cooked after heavy fire.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
For battery life, Aimpoint, mine is supposed to do 50,000 hrs on setting 7 of 10. EoTech and Bushnell Holosight are the same thing, just the EoTech has a rubber frame around it. Both are tough as nails and will function even when cracked. The only reason I like the Aimpoint over the EoTech / Holosight is battery life.

·
Major League Infidel
435 Posts
When I was with the 1st special Airborne Group out of Ft. Lewis We used the Eotechs THERE AWESOME. I used an ACOG now tho.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
250 Posts
So if one wanted to get an EOtech as I do which one is the best one to get. I want the NV option in case I can ever afford NV.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I've got both, well I had both. I just gave my EOTech to my brother. I don't like them at all. Aimpoint all the way.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So if one wanted to get an EOtech as I do which one is the best one to get. I want the NV option in case I can ever afford NV.
Generic rifle: 556.A65

If for an AR variant: 557.AR223

1 - 20 of 26 Posts