Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a couple of photos of my little thumper. The target photo is shot at 100 yards with the iron sights on the gun. Not bad shooting for my old ass eyes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those are both nice looking. Heard the meat tenderizer does a number on your shoulder though. Mine is below. It's the A3S. I am looking to put a 1-6x scope on it, g28 flash hider, extended MLOK rails, heavy buffer, and a trigger job. Love the vented handguards, look great on the carbine length guns.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Semper Fi
9,210 Posts
Then you would have hated my HK51, but it was fun to shoot. They're really not bad to shoot.
I don't doubt it's fun, I just think you give up too much of the .308's capabilities with such short barrels. Back in the day there weren't any viable options for hard hitting, short barrel rounds but there are several now.

·
Registered
8,338 Posts

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Some pics of my PTR32 Gen II

Got the 4- position stock above at HK Parts it was $300 at the time, now $600 G3, 91 & PTR Retractable Stock - 4 Position - HKParts

Got the front handguard at HK Parts at the same time $149 HK G3, 91 & PTR Tactical Forearm - HKParts

Bought a piece of 6 inch rail for the hand guard was $15, still the same price Tactical Rail PTR - 6 Inch - HKParts

Bought a 2 inch piece of rail for the hand guard it was $10, still the same price Tactical Rail - 2" - HKParts

Bought an original G3 leather sling was $11 now $15 HK German Leather Sling - Excellent Shape - HKParts

Bought all of the parts above in 2015

Not shown in the below picture in 2019 I bought an original wood stock for $60 which is now $200 HK G3 Wood Stock With - Enhanced Buffer Installed - HKParts

History of the HK32 which the above PTR32 was based on

·
Tactical Sommelier
1,012 Posts
Really, really nice piece right there.

I would be proud and happy to own one like that.

If and when I hit the lottery, I am going to buy so many cool HKs.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had a PTR32K 12.5" barrel version that was the smoothest 7.62x39 I've shot, man I miss that gun......although it did get partially traded for an MSG90 so......

Great guns.

Some pics of my PTR32 Gen II

Got the 4- position stock above at HK Parts it was $300 at the time, now $600 G3, 91 & PTR Retractable Stock - 4 Position - HKParts

Got the front handguard at HK Parts at the same time $149 HK G3, 91 & PTR Tactical Forearm - HKParts

Bought a piece of 6 inch rail for the hand guard was $15, still the same price Tactical Rail PTR - 6 Inch - HKParts

Bought a 2 inch piece of rail for the hand guard it was $10, still the same price Tactical Rail - 2" - HKParts

Bought an original G3 leather sling was $11 now $15 HK German Leather Sling - Excellent Shape - HKParts

Bought all of the parts above in 2015

Not shown in the below picture in 2019 I bought an original wood stock for $60 which is now $200 HK G3 Wood Stock With - Enhanced Buffer Installed - HKParts

History of the HK32 which the above PTR32 was based on

·
Super Moderator
12,164 Posts
I had a PTR-91 set up just the way I wanted several years ago. Unfortunately I had to sell it to pay medical bills. It was sweet, I tell you. It had been one of my dream guns for a long time and when I picked it up I made (or my armorer did) a few customizations. The port buffer was one, to reduce the damage to cases, so a few more of them could be reloaded. Although it did not do all that much damage to cases, anyway.

One of the things I did that was pretty rare, and may still be, is to add an adapter to take standard US pattern bayonets. I have an Ontario Knife Company OKC-3S Marine Corps bayonet that I used on it. (Sidenote: I also had the Remington 11-87 extended magazine tube modified to take the OKC-3S.)

I could no longer shoot it if I did have it, except from a bipod or other supported position, and at the time I had to sell it, I had a great deal of trouble working the bolt since my left arm had become so weak. Same reason I could not shoot it offhand anymore. Of course, it is the same with any 8-pound plus rifle and carbines of any caliber or form, except bullpups. I just cannot support the weight with my left arm.

However, I always planned to get another one, (this before they came out with the PDW version) and do an NFA conversion to it. I wanted the equivalent of an HK-51 concept, which, by the way, HK never made themselves. The HK-51 was a PDW version that various customizers produced, with various barrel lengths, forearms, and buttstocks.

What I wanted, was an NFA stamped suppressed select-fire .308 PDW. An HK-91/PTR-91 donor, 4-position fire selector (Safe, Semi-auto, 2-round burst, full-auto), 10" (perhaps 12") integrally suppressed barrel with a ventilated forearm and a modified butt plate HK-91 retracting stock, 3-point sling. Some 20-round aluminum magazines, a few 30-round, a couple of 40-round, and perhaps 5 of the 50-round drums that were just becoming perfected.

Ah, well. I should not have gotten sick, I suppose.

Just my opinion.

·
Semper Fi
9,210 Posts
If by "port buffer" you mean the welded on version, those weren't to prevent damage to brass. They were to keep the rifle from launching empties into low earth orbit. Which in the right light would give the shooter's position away to the enemy.

Now the clip-on, rubber-padded version was for the brass.

·
Super Moderator
12,164 Posts
There is no such thing as a boring gun to me. Even if it is kinda plain to look at, I can always see ways to spice it up a little.

That sounds kind of... wierd... Even to me.

lol

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
The only HK I ever shot was a G3. Quite a handful compared to our M16A1.
One of the reservists we got to work with had a civilian version, wood hunting style stock, 2 or 3 round mag, according to him only people with military ID could buy them. That was in the late ‘80’s. Sweet rifle, think Garand with an HK drum sight and smaller capacity. No idea what it was called, and can’t find any pictures on the web. A mystery.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts