Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!..i need some good lightweight hunting/hiking boots that are waterproof, preferably high tops. Right now im using some from walmart that are good and comfortable but they are a little heavy..if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! thanks

·
Survivorman
199 Posts
Military boots, they are ment for that kind of stuff not sure if they are water proof. I usually wear a cheep pair of boots that I put water proofing gel on.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I look at the construction,try to get goretex.That said,I've got nice non-goretex boots there.I try not to pay more than about $50 or 60.Beware of boots labeled as waterproof,as sometimes they are lined with plastic like material that won't let your foot breathe.Also look in their DUTY BOOT section.Some other decent deals there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had a pair of Converse combat boots for about a year now. I love them. they are super comfortable, light, and fairly durable. If you need to shine them they shine quickly too. I've done some hunting and hiking in them and can say that they are up to the challenge. The treads are really aggressive and hold traction in some pretty nasty conditions. I wear them for 15+ hours some days and absolutely love them.

The side zipper is also a nice feature that makes getting into the relatively tall boots really easy. and they are waterproof and insulated as well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Cheap boots are just that, cheap boots! Your feet are your life, make sure you protect them and get boots that are quality, they last longer and are easy on your feet so in that respect are cheaper

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use SWAT boots, made in china but they are great. Lightweight, waterproof and mossy oak brush camo. I used to wear GIs but they are too heavy and 'clunky' for hunting (in my opinion) The swat boots get a double thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i agree with RP, danners.i am now on my second pair after twenty years of use out of the first and they were not worn out(foot size changes as you get older) any time you get a quality high top boot with leather,goretex,vibram soles and thinsulate they aint gonna be cheap but dey do last.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Just make sure you get a solid pair of insoles. I had a pair of the most uncomfortable boots ever, hardly used them. Then I decided to purchase a pair of insoles (can't remember the name, sorry) and it changed how the boot felt for the better. I can now work and walk several hours in these boots. More comfortable then sneakers or casual shoes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you want a pair of boats that last 15 to 20 years of daily use then Wesco is it. They can also be rebuilt. I have had my jobmasters steeltoe for 4 years and I prefer them over everything else i own. very comfortable for every day use, hiking, yard work, waterproof and my feet never hurt.
they are pricey but will outlast 10 pairs of cheap boots.
http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/

the best price on them is the same store Longman linked to

the workingperson.com store.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I'm on my second pair of Kamik boots in less than a month. I don't recomend them at all. The seam between the leather and the rubber splits wide open after only 2-3 weeks. It's a real shame too because the darn things sure are comfy.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
i recently got some lightly used vasque sundowner hiking boots off ebay for $20. theyre real comfortable and feel very well made. ive heard alot of good things about vasque, theyre good quality made in italy. they retail over 100 but check around on ebay, you can save alot of money if you dont mind getting them used.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts