Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Apathetic Protagonist
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salutations. I'm sure this is a common question, but a quick search didn't turn up an answer: What high capacity magazines would you recommend for a 10/22 and where might one purchase said magazines? Gander Mountain and ****'s Sporting Goods have the 10 round magazine, but nothing else. I'm looking for a 25 round minimum; a 50-round would be nice (I shoot Federal Champion and it comes in boxes of 50), but functionality is a higher priority than capacity.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=181640

These guys have decent prices on the mags. 30 & 50.

We use 30's at the range for speed shooting at multiple targets competition. we set up 15 targets, best of 15 wins. that gives you 2 shots per target. best time breaks ties.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
id like to see a 200 round drum for a 10/22, just because

·
Enjoying Life
620 Posts
The all Plastic mags will wear out if you do a lot of shooting. Which will hang the round in the mag. Try to get the ones that have steal lips.

·
Apathetic Protagonist
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you want one for?
Reloading the same two 10 round clips while firing off a few hundred rounds becomes irritating rather quickly. It's a matter of convenience. If I already have 50-100 rounds ready to go when I get to the range, that's less wasted time when I get there.

Very good question. I've often wondered why someone would want 25 - 50 rd mags for a .22 rifle. I hope not for battle rifle purposes.:confused:
Heh, no. If, for whatever reason, I ever found myself in a fight and the first weapon I grabbed was a .22, I would throw it and run like hell in the other direction.

·
Apathetic Protagonist
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=181640

These guys have decent prices on the mags. 30 & 50.

We use 30's at the range for speed shooting at multiple targets competition. we set up 15 targets, best of 15 wins. that gives you 2 shots per target. best time breaks ties.
for messing around, steel lip butler creek
Butler Creek makes the best hicap .22 magazine hands down....Ramline would be a far second...
I'll check these out. Thanks for the help.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Enough people armed with .22's could effect some serious "change".

Reactions: hangfire2

·
Registered
510 Posts
Very good question. I've often wondered why someone would want 25 - 50 rd mags for a .22 rifle. I hope not for battle rifle purposes.:confused:
Why even have semi-automatic .22s then with that logic?

Politicians like to do that, ask us why we want something that seems to you, or them, to have little purpose. Yes, that is convoluted but I hope you guys can see what I'm saying.

A 10/22 with a 25 round magazine can be an awesomely good survival firearm and fun plinker. I know I wouldn't wanna face down anyone with one...

That being said, check out the TI mags, either plastic or titanium. I plan to get a plastic one soon. Get steel lips, Butler Creek steel lips apparently work pretty well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts