Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one may be better suited for the tin foil hat section, but here goes anyway.

I was wondering about setting up hidden cameras in your own vehicle or house for the purpose of getting video of any encounters with law enforcement. Has anyone ever thought to set this up for themselves to catch encounters with LEO on video?

LEO's often have cameras in their vehicles and use the video as evidence when they encounter someone doing something illegal. It might make sense to me, sometime down the line if our government gets more out of hand, for people to set up a way to capture abuses on video for their own protection. It would preempt any 'his word against mine' problems in court.

If anyone ever finds their privacy invaded through a raid on their home it would be nice to have the activities of those raiding the home on video for legal defense at a later point. If anyone ever finds themselves being harassed by LEO on the road this would also apply.

Any honest LEO shouldn't be against this, since they'd be doing nothing wrong. And a dishonest LEO's opinion of this is something I couldn't care less about. For the record, I believe the vast majority of LEO's are honest and want to help citizens. But I also know that there are bad apples in every barrel, which is the reason for this post.

What technology is available for this purpose? The cameras shouldn't be found during a search of either the home or vehicle. It should be activated at will, meaning it shouldn't be on 24/7. Ideally, the video could be uploaded to the net immediately via a cell phone or cellular link. But if need be a hard drive could be hidden as well to hold the video until it can be retrieved at a later date, providing it wouldn't be found during a search, which I would think likely to happen if they're tearing the place apart.

Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There are some good nanny spy cameras. that are hidden in side of childrens toys ect.

as for timing some motion sensor one are availible. that will record when the detect motion. and stop after a determind period after the movement stops.

im not sure if you can do live feed to the internet. but definatly hardware back up is recomened.

there are a lot of electronics shops that are offering good equipment to help people catch cheating spouces they can lead you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts