Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
STALKER Unit Mobile
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright bought one a month or so ago and just arrived home or the holidays with my family so I decided to take it through a few little test trials and I have to say I completely love the feel of the weapon great weight handles secondary shots beautifully

through 200 rounds did not hve a single jam and the cleaning and breakdown was extremely easy

accuracy wise I had maybe 4 rounds all together that went a little strange meaning about 3 inches off but very rare might have been just me over all but I kept very concistant with it every round at about 20 to 30 feet alternating

over all I would give the weapon a 9 out of 10 from my experiences so far

If I find anything else Ill update as I go with the new toys lol

·
STALKER Unit Mobile
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as soon as I get back to Petaluma Ill post a few pics on it

as for the price NIB with 1 mag and ghost sight was $180

the balance is a little top heavy because of the slide build but that did not feel like too much of the problem this actually worked in a good favor because of the recoil was cut down a good bit compared to the sig saur I work with on base with the CG

round cap for the mags I carry is 10 + 1 in the chamber have not looked too far into the mag expansions yet or hi caps

Ive heard that as well but I believe that was actually the 380 buld that realy had that problem

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have shot the Hi-Point .40 as well, found that the stock sights give good follow-up shots and quick aquisition of target(s). I like the yellow and red color pattern, may find some sight paint and try it on another pistol or two.

I've tried white on rear sight and green on front sight of another pistol and don't like it as well as the color coordination of these sights.

It is a bit heavy, but that makes up for some of the recoil. I'd like to try a .45, for comparison. Other than that, seems to be a hard-hitter and pretty accurate at the 7-yard test. Possibly a side arm to take hunting, in case a hog chases one up a tree- this would blow the brains out of a big pig!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glad you like yours you will be getting flamed by the gun guru's or snobs whatever they may like to be called. I have noticed the heavy slide helps on the recoil and follow up shot but now that is on a 45. Now for the balance of the gun mine handles great actually better than my ruger 45 and far as accuracy goes you couldnt tell on the targets which gun is which. Have fun with your new toy.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
If it won't properly feed HP self defense loads it's scrap metal.

·
STALKER Unit Mobile
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kahn you always seem to have such a problem with these have you ever thought it may just be user error?

mine feeds beautifully using hydrashoks and everything I can put through it
Ive not had it misfeed in the least

·
Registered
272 Posts
Kahn you always seem to have such a problem with these have you ever thought it may just be user error?

mine feeds beautifully using hydrashoks and everything I can put through it
Ive not had it misfeed in the least
Same here....i only have 9's and .45's (no .40's) but they eat anything i put in'm. INCLUDING several different types of HP's.

·
I love guns
678 Posts
I've had a Hi-point for sometime its not my favorite hand gun, and it is kind of ugly but for the price you can't beat one. I have shot several types of ammo through it including Hornady 45 auto +P 230 gr JHP/XTP which is a good self defense round among several other types as you can see from the picture.

·
Ignorance is strength
178 Posts
Glad you like yours you will be getting flamed by the gun guru's or snobs whatever they may like to be called. I have noticed the heavy slide helps on the recoil and follow up shot but now that is on a 45. Now for the balance of the gun mine handles great actually better than my ruger 45 and far as accuracy goes you couldnt tell on the targets which gun is which. Have fun with your new toy.
What kind of ammo? I'm thinking a heavy slide could contribute to failure to feed just like a heavy recoil spring. Just curious.

·
I love guns
678 Posts
I've never had any problems with feed failure and i've shot several types of ammo through it. I've shot cheap and high end ammo and haven't had a problem yet.

·
STALKER Unit Mobile
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
agree with you there. Ive fired about 6 different types of rounds through it so far including the shot shells for it lol kind of like a kid at a candy shot it seems to like everything

To me the heavy slide feels good when the rounds go off as well just my preference at least

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a 40 Carbine that shot dead on right out of the box. I ended up giving it to my buddy's young son after he got his first deer with it. My buddy then got the 40 Hi-Point pistol to go with the carbine. Both are very happy with their Hi-Points and they shoot the dickens out of them. They use Speer Gold Dots and have had zero problems with freeding. I also load cast and plated bullets for them to plink with. No feed problems with anything so far.

The reason for the heavy slide and recoil spring is that the Hi-Point is a true blowback design and needs the extra weight and spring power to eat up the recoil.

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
The reason for the heavy slide and recoil spring is that the Hi-Point is a true blowback design and needs the extra weight and spring power to eat up the recoil.

Exactly.

Therefore, you need to shoot stout loads to err on the side of caution, because lighter loads may not have the ummff to cyle the heavy slide.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts