Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I'm relatively new here. I am from Saskatchewan and recently moved to a itty bitty home out in the country! I love it so far! The only problem is I don't have a good water source :( I was thinking about getting a well drilled but that would cost me some big bucks. Any ideas? The plus side is I have a good old wood stove in the livingroom (and if need be, I could cook on it). There's even outhouses on the property lol Storage is my main issue, there are 5 of us living in a very tiny house, so space is like gold here. Any storage ideas?

Take care!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Get the well drilled if you have a good water table in your area. Check to see how deep neighbors wells have been drilled. For storage consider the used shipping containers that are coming in from China. They make great storage and you can pick them up pretty cheap. I am talking the kind that they put on trailer bottoms and pull with 18 wheelers. 40 to 53 feet long units.

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
I love my Well. Dug it with help from my dad. After witch winding and fond the spot, only had to dig 10 feet with a rented back-hoe and splash. Under ground spring with no sulfur deposes. Best water I every had.

·
Banned
27,824 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I would go with Grinnan Barrett suggestions on the used shipping containers that are coming in from China and you can get them pretty cheap. Can't really avoid spending the money on the well, I know this very well from my dad trucking over water to the survival retreat in the past. If you had tons of rain fall then you could use a catch for water but for your area it would freeze so tha would not work.

Take care,
Wes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.