Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've been lurking for some time now and finally joined. I've learned so much in the last few months of hanging around here and I hope to continue learning. I've started trying to educate myself more and more, when something interests me I simply don't stop until I feel adequate in the subject. I'm a college student so prepping and buying gear is somewhat of a challenge with a limited budget. I'm worried that if the "Big Three" go under a depression is inevitable. I commute 45 miles to school and 45 miles back each day so I (along with my GF, who commutes 120 miles to school and back 3 days a week) have been trying to refine some packs for us to keep in the trunks of our car. My GF was the one that suggested it (I've been trying to talk to her about this and ease her into it for almost 6 months now...) and when she did I had to stop myself from jumping up and down! She suggested we get each other stuff to keep in our cars to make it home if something were to happen. Anyway, the new challenge is stashing away food for the family and I (I live at home w/ my parents and 2 sisters). My mom suggested an earthquake gear area a few months ago and I had her at Wal Fart within the hour getting stuff! I have most everything I need for when hiking/camping, but now I'm trying to get the family into it. Sorry about the long rant..:taped:.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Greetings from Texas and enjoy the site. There is lots to learn here. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts