Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this board just yesterday after reading this article

No matter what happens, I think those of us in the U.S. are lucky to live in a sprawling area with so much rural, inhabitable area.

Going to try to make some extra money and begin stocking up and preparing a location outside of the city for me and my family to live for a while.

I think we can squeeze out about $1000/month over the next 6 months to arm up & stock up (starting from scratch)

I plan on meeting with my father-in-law and possibly one close friend to discuss their thoughts/see if they are willing to work together on a plan. Seems to me that some aspects of survival will be easier with some extra people (more hands to work, more eyes/ears for security)

If we all agree on a plan NOW, then we can agree on a budget to contribute to together and some things will cost less due to the sharing (wood stove, firearms, tents, etc)

I'm actually not too concerned about having to live "off the grid" for a while. There are some positive things.
- Relearning lost skills of self sufficiency and nature
- Closer family interaction
- Less stress

The thing I will miss the most is THE INTERNET.
(Unless I can afford a mobile internet satellite receiver between now and BO time)

Looking forward to learning much from you guys.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Banned
27,826 Posts
Hello and welcome from Quincy, Ca. me and my family have done what you are talking about already and there is a link below to a thread I posted about it here. It really does work better when the family is doing it together and the cost does not bite at you as much.

Take care,
Wes

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hello from Montana! I bought some dried food from this place http://www.samandy.com/Home_Page.html

If it is close to you it may be worth checking out if that stuff is on your list.:thumb:
So how do you do business with these people? It looks as though you cannot order from them online. Their website is a little odd for me to understand. No order links, no shopping cart. The way they list their products is a little confusing.

I don't mean to be so whiny, but I am interested in doing business with them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts