Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
not stocking up on ammo exactly but am (continueing to) stock up on reloading supplies for 223 rem, 308 win, 45 acp, and to a lesser extent 375 H&H mag, 45-70, and 45 colt

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Buying .308 as much as possible.and 8mm a box here and a box there. I might try to get some .45 auto and .45-70 at DICKS sporting goods tommorow.I went to the gun show today no 7.62x39 to be had.

Reactions: heinerken

·
Broken Richaed Grunt
589 Posts
Avoid Wolf 223 for AR15 great in AK variants, some one will say I shoot Wolf in my AR no problem, WTSHTF is not the time to find out yours doesn't. + brass is reloadable JIC

·
Ready for the big "push"
1,473 Posts
I've been buying all I can for over a year now so I'm probably in better shape than most people. Although I am still trying to get all I can. I am noticing that prices are going up. Used to be able to get high cap Glock mags for around $17-20.00. Now if you can find them, they are anywhere from $25-40.00. I remember during the Clinton gun ban, high cap mags were up to $125.00. Then when the ban expired, almost over night they came back down to $20.00. Don't expect that this time when Obama-rama makes the ban permanent.

Ammo is getting harder to find. I have gotten alot from Ammoman.com but every few days here lately he is putting a notice on his website that he is not taking more orders for a few days so he can catch up. And his inventory isn't what it used to be. Most of his stuff is gone. He now usually has just a few different things in each caliber. Used to have 1-20 different things per caliber, like different manufacturers and bullet weights.

Even the 3 or 4 places I get reloading supplies from are getting scarce. Used to be able to do one big order at one website but now it's get your brass at one site, powder at another, primers on another site and bullets somewhere else.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The current prices? I really don't know. I've been stashing enough items for the past ten years so I wouldn't have to worry about running around like Chicken Little right now. Am I stocking up? Not really, because I've already made sure I had enough before this time period came to pass. :D:

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Buying hi-cap mags for the AR. DPMS website has them for $12 or so. I ordered some 30 and 20 rounders but I like the 20's better for sandbag shooting.

All these guys buying up AR lowers are going to find themselves using 5 round mags if they don't get them before an AWB.

My father lives near me and is getting some reloading equipment within a week or two so that opens up new ammo options to me.

As always I'm looking for deals.

·
DONT TREAD ON ME
153 Posts
I have been buying 9mm and 12ga. Wally World has been low on both, can't find 1 buck to save my life so I have been getting 00 buck and rifled slugs. Also can't find hollow point 9mm so I have just been getting FMJ. I think I have been paying about $18-$20 on a 100rds 9mm and $3-$5 on 5rds 12ga.

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
I have been buying 9mm and 12ga. Wally World has been low on both, can't find 1 buck to save my life so I have been getting 00 buck and rifled slugs. Also can't find hollow point 9mm so I have just been getting FMJ. I think I have been paying about $18-$20 on a 100rds 9mm and $3-$5 on 5rds 12ga.
Everyone is out of hollow point EVERYTHING here, so I've been buying lots of ball ammo. It'll work.

·
Destroyer of Marxism.
875 Posts
I've still had no problems getting HP online. I've seen some places hike their prices, but I think there's a lot of hype involved. The people who've been REALLY buying ammo have been doing it for a while. The Obama Panic purchasers from what I can tell are only getting a few hundred rounds here and there. I've been getting 1000's of rounds a month for 6 months, and have been getting ammo pretty regularly for a year or so. I've stillbe able to find most prices the same, but I can't find any Golden Tiger 7.62x39 for under 200 bucks anymore.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Now is the time to stop posting ones munitions inventory and acquisition plans.

Seriously, stop doing it.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Now is the time to stop posting ones munitions inventory and acquisition plans.

Seriously, stop doing it.
I thought everyone knew that HR1022 was my Christmas shopping list this year. It was nice for the gov to put all my favorite items on one list for me nice and neat. I wouldn't want to waste it. :thumb:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Please do not call them "High Capacity Magazines". The magazines in question are STANDARD capacity magazines. A 10 round magazine for an AR, AK, M14, FAL, etc is a lowered capacity magazine.

We cannot allow the idiots in Washington to define the terms of the discussion. Let them justify why they want to reduce magazine capacity from what is NORMAL STANDARD capacity rather than allow them to ask us to convince them why we need a high capacity magazine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought Remington UMC's @ ****'s for $7.59 per box (Edit to add .233). I grabbed a case. I usually check the ammo prices when I am out shopping and if the money is right, I grab a case. I recently purchased some standard capacity mags as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts