Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Amazon
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm new, as you probably guessed. I'm from north Alabama, and I've been looking for some like minded people to exchange ideas with. I've always had a latent interested in emergency survival, and a couple of years ago some friends of mine and I got to talking about where things are headed for the country and decided it might be a good idea to put together a plan in case there was some disaster, natural or otherwise, that traditional infrastructure couldn't deal with. So, we've been working on basic survival and learning useful skills that will allow us to set up a self-sufficient lifestyle either in the short term or the long term.

So, hi. :) I look forward to hearing some of you guy's ideas and running some of mine past you.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
well hello there to you to welcome to the forum. like the screen name teapriestess very interesting. any history behind it?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
STALKER Unit Mobile
183 Posts
Welcome to the boards from Mobile Alabama and also Petaluma CA. I look forward to meeting you in the boards. What part of Alabama are you in?

·
Amazon
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys. :)

any history behind it?
I studied Japanese tea ceremony when I was in college, and every time we get a new student in the dojo, sifu has me do a tea ceremony for them, so I kind of got the nickname "Tea Priestess" that way.

What part of Alabama are you in?
I'm up near Huntsville. Originally from Dothan, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Disaster we don't see in Mn., yet, but Cold+Snow+Blizzard, but it's a way of Life, I love it. 40-below keeps the insincere riff-raff out. But, the Prevailing Westerlies will probably bring in Possible Fallout very heavy hear, but 'EMP' could affect anyone, everyone. Starvation, Pestilences. It's been the time to "Dig-IN," just the way things are, Fall 2008. Economy Tough + to find Time + Money to DO Something, anything & Re-New your Faith in the CREATOR! We Gotta Fight It!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts