Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'All I'm From New Jersey on The East Coast. I Spend A Lot Of Time Outdoors.
Most Of All I Try and find things to do to occupy my time.
I Came To This website seeking info which may be beneficial in a survival situation and also I am here to exchange any info.

I am a kayaker who spends a lot of time on the water in all of the seasons.
I kayak during the winter months and it is the most dangerous time to kayak.
I want to be able to survive if I ever get seperated from my gear or my kayak that carries my gear.I have a small tin I carry in my life jacket for survival, but it really needs to be updated, I have the essentials but I am in the need to carry more, i have been in some backwoods where nobody can find you not even a helicopter.
Has anyone ever been in an actual survival situation lost and away from their survival gear? I want to make sure I have the confidence and the survival knowledge to get myself home safely. Well That's a little about myself, hope to pass off some knowledge and also gain some too.
Thanks Kev for having a good website full of information that I can pass along to all the people I am in contact with.
Dennis

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Fellow NJ resident here, welcome. I have only be kayaking on lakes. It was fun but not as easy as it looks, plus it was really windy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fellow NJ resident here, welcome. I have only be kayaking on lakes. It was fun but not as easy as it looks, plus it was really windy.
It Does Get Easier with more experience, here is a short video I made Last Month When One Of My Favorite Lakes had a layer of ice on it
http://revver.com/video/1363739/affiliate/85713/i-wanna-rock/

If Your anywheres near Burlington County Give Me A Shout In The Springtime If You Want to get out and Kayak. What kind of kayak do you have?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Welcome Dennis, its great to have you here and more so to be in the company of another fellow Kayak Fisherman! Glad you found us and hope you enjoy your time here and I definitely look forward to trading some notes with you on Yaking.

I too have a Kayak, a Ocean Prowler 13, and spend a lot of time fishing from it in some fairly remote areas, and do so year round. Your so right about how quick an outing in a Yak can turn into a survival situation, especially this time of the year, even this far down south. Im mighty careful this time of the year and I doubt I am prepared as much as I should be. I would really be interested in what you have in your tin that you keep on your PFD!

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
It Does Get Easier with more experience, here is a short video I made Last Month When One Of My Favorite Lakes had a layer of ice on it
http://revver.com/video/1363739/affiliate/85713/i-wanna-rock/

If Your anywheres near Burlington County Give Me A Shout In The Springtime If You Want to get out and Kayak. What kind of kayak do you have?
The kayak was rental. I was out in some state park in Warren County. I was there for a black bear seminar and the kayaking was free. I may take you up on that offer of kayaking. If you ever want to clay bird shooting in Chester, NJ let me know. I try to go every couple of weeks, but it has been awhile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts