Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've read many things on this site and decided that I should probably join. So here I am and I will probably not say a whole lot because I don't feel there's much that I could contribute, but who knows. Anyhow I'm Matt and will be reading about many different things on this website because I feel it's better to be prepared for something that never comes rather than being unprepared during a real event.

-Matt

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Lincoln LSCs are cool cars! I always thought it would be cool to drop a hot 347 stroker or 351/400 in one and rename it the 'Luxury SLEEPER Coupe'

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome and as far as the LSC's go I actually own two, one being the '89 and the other a '90, who knows maybe one day one of them will sport a carburated 347 matched up with a 5 speed and be some kind of crazy mad max like vehicle

-Matt

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
One of my favorite Fords I used to own was a '77 or '78 LTD Police package which included 400M engine, handling package, Police Maximum (H-D coils, shocks, heavy-duty sway bars front and back, steel 15 x 6.5 rims), 1st gear transmission lockout, extra cooling package, 2.50 rear axle ratio, 70 Amp alternator, power steering cooler, transmission oil cooler, 140 mph certified speedometer and interior/exterior hand-operated search light. Got maybe 10-11 MPG, but people got outta my way once they saw the search light on the driver's side!

It would probably be a great bug-out vehicle as well! :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That LTD certainly sounds like it would be a great BOV its to bad that they're so harsh on fuel milage. My LSC's can go 120, and if I drive somewhat careful I can squeeze 25mpg out of them while in climate controlled comfort, oh the art of compromise:). And it also retains the capability of being retrograded to more rugged, mechanical pre EFI parts. I never really thought of the potential of a Lincoln being a Bug out Vehicle, wouldn't that be something to see? Thanks for making me think

-Matt

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
In 1988 and 1989 Ford put genuine, honest to goodness forged TRW pistons in the 5.0L, so you've got an excellent starting platform. Imagine the LSC with fender skirts and fat mudder tires :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In 1988 and 1989 Ford put genuine, honest to goodness forged TRW pistons in the 5.0L, so you've got an excellent starting platform. Imagine the LSC with fender skirts and fat mudder tires :cool:
That most certainly would be something else to have a 4WD LSC, no jeep or truck in the world would look nicer. If I were any good at photoshop I'd whip up a small rendition of that. All I'd need is some significant money to make it real

-Matt

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
That most certainly would be something else to have a 4WD LSC, no jeep or truck in the world would look nicer. If I were any good at photoshop I'd whip up a small rendition of that. All I'd need is some significant money to make it real

-Matt
In 1969 actor James Garner raced in the NORRA Baja 1000 off-road race with a superbly modified, Vic Hickey '69 Cutlass 442 featuring a 3" lift, racing seats, modded 350 engine, roll cage, and a 50-gallon fuel cell:

I'd love to have something similar

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?
So far I'm 3 (BOL, learning how to reload from a relative, and practicing with my and other people's firearms) for 9 as far as that list goes, but I just started and am working on it

-Matt

·
Bushwacker
1,479 Posts
So far I'm 3 (BOL, learning how to reload from a relative, and practicing with my and other people's firearms) for 9 as far as that list goes, but I just started and am working on it

-Matt
Cool. That's a good start. There's a lot of military people on this board. Plenty to learn, and very little smug for asking questions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts