·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Estimated costs of all wall street bailouts

$1,864,000,000,000.00
divided by population of the US
305,199,314 equals
$6107.48 per person! Including newborn babies and retirees, not just the working force.

So for a family of four this wall street debacle just cost you $24,429.94!

PAY UP!

Puts it in perspective doesn't it? But the government wants you to believe that they are doing this to SAVE you money.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sad State of Affairs!!!!

Actually it has got to be worse than that when you consider that there are only 150 or so million of us that make up our workforce and 1/3 of the working force has ZERO tax liability... According to my calculator that means $18,828.29 per working tax payer!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Ahh, but it's even worse than that. Since we can't pay that off, as we're already over spent, we're only going to pay the interest on that 1.8 trillion till the end of time.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
i welcome them too, with a chinese made 7.62x39 imported without tariff from the barrel of a made in america russian knock off.

More taxation without true representation

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Gee ....and all this on top of my share of the national debt, approx 45K. Can I just claim bankruptcy now? Or maybe I'll change my name to Emperor Norton and start printing my own money.

·
Wendigo244
103 Posts
It's interesting to note that the War of Independence started because the origional colonies instituted their own form of currency to avoid paying the British Empire "intrest" on money they borrowed. And now if all loans on stocks were called in there would be no way to pay all the debt. The UnFederal Reserve would have to print more money on which they would charge you more interest just for the "use" Of there money as a currency.

What would happen if something like a "Peoples Currency" could be established? Somehow? Its been done in the past.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's interesting to note that the War of Independence started because the origional colonies instituted their own form of currency to avoid paying the British Empire "intrest" on money they borrowed. And now if all loans on stocks were called in there would be no way to pay all the debt. The UnFederal Reserve would have to print more money on which they would charge you more interest just for the "use" Of there money as a currency.

What would happen if something like a "Peoples Currency" could be established? Somehow? Its been done in the past.
I would like to cordially invite you all to a tea party! :D:

What is the "tea" of 2008?

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
iPods and iPhones? Made in China...

NNOOOOOoooooooo!!!! :eek::eek::eek: You can pry my Ipod from my cold dead hands! I have an order in to ll bean for the solar charged ipod speaker and the solar powered ipod recharger. We could end up back in the dark ages but I will still have my ipod with me. :thumb: Unless it breaks of course. :eek::

Besides, I don't want to give Microsoft any more of an edge.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
... If the cut back significantly on special interest funding they could use that rather than passing the bill onto the taxpayers.

Estimated costs of all wall street bailouts

$1,864,000,000,000.00
divided by population of the US
305,199,314 equals
$6107.48 per person! Including newborn babies and retirees, not just the working force.

So for a family of four this wall street debacle just cost you $24,429.94!

PAY UP!

Puts it in perspective doesn't it? But the government wants you to believe that they are doing this to SAVE you money.

·
Registered
688 Posts

Well whomever tries it in a big way had better not drive around Dallas in a big black convertible...

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
The net worth of every American was already mortgaged,a long time ago.Its gone.This is one reason the govt. is so eager to sign people onto social security.There is a formula,an equation,that fuigures,roughly,that each new social security number,there will be about 70,000 dollars of new debt from that person,on average.They have that money already spent when the number is issued,but hey,it more .And more is better,right?
This idiotic bailout is akin to crack adict finding a rock the size of a basketball.They will burn it right up and be that much the worse for it.The answer,like dug adiction,is less.Only after getting the economy on an extremely strict regimen of fiscal responsibility will we see any real relief.

·
One of the Frozen Chosen
250 Posts
TJ was not only a genius, I think he was prescient: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Mcdonaldes. Thats the new tea. Pure crap!!!!!!!! The only thing that realy would cripple and send a shockwave would get us killed in getmo. GAS

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well. Back after England had been the world power then started getting in to trouble they instituted laws that made it illegal to satisfy any debt, or make any deals (personal or business) with anything other than sterling!! As a matter of fact, anyone caught using anything besides sterling was arrested for TREASON!!!

I don't believe we are far from that happening here!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Did anyone bugout yet? The news said that Bernanke and Paulson told congress behind closed doors Thursday night that we were 3-4 days from global financial collapse. Who was warning us? We are under the presidential candidates campaign smokescreen.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Did anyone bugout yet? The news said that Bernanke and Paulson told congress behind closed doors Thursday night that we were 3-4 days from global financial collapse. Who was warning us? We are under the presidential candidates campaign smokescreen.
Thats great to know seeing as how I just put my truck in the shop.

Damn smokscreen just like the john edwards thing was to.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts