Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To EVERYONE: I have seen and it has been reported things like dropping the F bomb has been in a big increase along with lately and just working around the word filter. This has never been acceptable nor will it be anywhere but in the DarkSide. Reports and I personally viewed an increase in members being more insulting and rude. This forum does not accept this behavior. I ask that you be an adult and act like one… If not those involved will be banned without further warning.

This trend in trying to get around the word filter and the increased need to gang up on other members has been on a rise and if it continues, bans will be in place for you to cool off and think about what you did to get banned, then once you return if you continue these actions you will be perma banned.

I am sorry I had to post this but you are making us mods do our jobs more and more…
Gunner

·
Registered
152 Posts
We currently have a way to Thank a post. Would it be possible for us to do the opposite? Sort of like a "Dislike" button, but for trolling/offensive posts that have no real use?

This system could be used to flag users that consistently post offensive or trolling posts and perhaps warn or put them on probation?

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We currently have a way to Thank a post. Would it be possible for us to do the opposite? Sort of like a "Dislike" button, but for trolling/offensive posts that have no real use?

This system could be used to flag users that consistently post offensive or trolling posts and perhaps warn or put them on probation?
That is up to the site owner on a dislike button BUT you can report post you see that break the rules. There is a little buton at the top of each post for reporting. The red & white triangle..

·
Sorry About Your Feelings
20,836 Posts
I totally agree... can we please reduce the number of stickies at the top of the page?
It's literally a full page of dead threads.

·
tinfoil bandana
1,164 Posts

How about a 'No Thanks' button?

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
My solution has always been to leave any thread that is becoming a shouting match. Plus, I have a sizable ignore list. lol
I do think that some threads seem to go down hill quickly lately though. Gardening, cooking, fishing.... are some of the subjects that seem to remain civil.
This is still one heck of a forum.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I notice a lot of snarkyness if not outright rude, il-mannered behavior. The right get hostile about certain issues then the left insults the right for offending the sacrite cow then we're off on a name calling rant; a nation divide. Or the senario goes some other way but offensiveness reigns.

Perhaps calmer minds seeing this happen could call a "time out" and tell everybody to knock it off or be reported to the mods for adjudication?

·
I hate everyone equally !
1,291 Posts
There are a problem with the wordfilter ! Its to sensitive ( Try to spell a certain african countrys name without circumventing the wordfilter )

·
Camperius maximus
2,347 Posts
I am guilty, but also been targeted. I was wondering if you could explain the "ignore" that folks talk about? I haven't found or understand what this is?

I live near a river that I can't spell without setting the cussword blocker thingy

Reactions: keepingon

·
Crazy Old Man
3,937 Posts
To EVERYONE: I have seen and it has been reported things like dropping the F bomb has been in a big increase along with lately and just working around the word filter. This has never been acceptable nor will it be anywhere but in the DarkSide.

I thought that was what the filter was for? I've seen JF and Old Warrior edit people for avoiding the filter rather than just swearing, so I figured just saying it and having the **** show up was acceptable?

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is not a sewing circle....but...People who come here should be able to express themselves without being vulgar. When the **** hits the fan...people will have to start respecting one another...might as well start here. Thanks for the reminder. What is funny is you should go to the sports forums. Those folks curse up and down when their teams lose or someone doesn't agree with their opinions. Very sad when that is the priority of the day!

·
Senior Jr Member
436 Posts
My Dad used to say "Cursing is just a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly." It's possible someone else said it before him...
Some people just need to educate themselves with a dictionary and/or a thesaurus.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,858 Posts
My Dad used to say "Cursing is just a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly." It's possible someone else said it before him...
Some people just need to educate themselves with a dictionary and/or a thesaurus.
If you haven't noticed, the thesaurus long ago went extinct. Eradicated. Extirpated. Died out. No longer evidenced with live specimens. Dead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts