Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s a scenario for you guys to think about, you’re driving to work when on the radio you hear. Israel has just launched a preemptive strike on Iran hitting nuclear production facilities. Iran has counter with High-yield nuclear bombs in Israel and also hit NATO bases in the Persian Gulf region. Russian troops have been seen massing on the borders of Afghanistan Iran and the former Soviet Republic of Georgia no other details are know at this time . Now here’s my question to you guys as this scenario is being played out. what actions would you be taking ? lets say in the first 2 hours of hearing this news ? Thanks to all who reply

·
Sibi Totique
1,074 Posts
That Israel is a really small country the HEMP should have hit a number of different countries as well, mayby even Iran. And the Israel retaliation with nuclear weapons against Iran should come pretty soon, something the Iranians should have known. And I would be very surprised that electronic communication from the area was working so well after an EMP.

Iran just committed suicide: Why? They could have done this a long time ago why now? But that wouldn’t really matter. A full scale nuclear war could follow.

I would initially most likely react with disbelief. Then more disbelief. Then reacting as the situation progressed.

It simply would simply be a complete break with the previous nuclear events in history.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When nuclear weapons are used in such a conflict, it could reach world wide
preporations and by the end nuclear winter will be around for decades.
Unless you have 50 yrs provisions and the shelter and ability to keep warm.
Get the point ! I doubt that there won't be a place to run to. Look at Nagasaki(sp) of WW2 as an example.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,430 Posts
1. Call in sick from work.
2. Go home and double check the preps and go fill the perishable shopping list.
3. Fill the gas tanks
3. Keep an eye on the news
4. Dig out the old Quart bottle of Jack Daniels for climing on the roof to watch the fierworks in case it gets to that. Back in 1979 I put a quart of JD aside for the possibility of a Nuke war. I didn't want to go out with a metric bottle.

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
1) First thing you do when you hear about any kind of attack on Iran, is to go out and fill up all your gas containers ASAP... or instruct your spouse to do so. Also fill up all the vehicles. I personally have 6 eurocans waiting empty for such an occasion. This is enough fuel to get me to my BOL with a good deal to spare.

2) Pack up and prepare to bug-out. And while doing this, keep your ear to the news, and make contact with your commrades/family/etc. It will probably escalate quickly at this point. If there is any kind of nuclear exchange--get on the road ASAP.

This is probably going to happen--so get ready.

ST

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Does war breaking out in the middle east really mean we're about to have a shortage on gasoline? No.

But everybody thinks it does, so they go fill up all their cars & gas cans, and next thing you know we have a shortage on gasoline.

Trust me, Mr. Big Oil is praying for something like this to happen. They know everyone will flock to the gas stations & they'll make more money in 2 days than they normally do in a month.

In regards to the OP -- for me, I'll just sit back and wait for things to play out. Within two hours of such news, too early to make any plans yet.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.