Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandmother is a great and very knowledgable lady. When I was growing up I have trouble remembering going to a doctor for anything. I believe my first Dr. was when I joined the Marine Corps in 84. I actually became interested in Prepping 23 years ago although I considered myself a survivalist then. Certain elements have now given the term survivalist a bad name. So I now consider myself as preparing for the future. As my signature says "Live by the 6 P's. "Prior planning prevents **** poor performance". I started taking notes from my grandmother years ago. Something made me get the binder out of the safe tonight, I have no idea why but hope this info helps!

Tea for Diarrhea ( Will calm down those cramps)
2 teaspoons dried blackberry leaves
2 cups boiling water steep the leaves in the boiling water for at least 10 minutes and strain. Drink a small cup 3X a day.

Tea to stop coughing
1 teaspoon dried sage
boiling water steep sage in small cup at least 20 minutes. Strain, May be drank hot or cold.

Toothache relief
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1 cup boiling water steep cloves for at least 10 minutes. Strain and rinse your mouth with the warm liquid.

Calming Tea
2 Teaspoons dried catnip.
1 cup boiling water. Boil catnip for at least 5 minutes strain and drink. This can also be used to induce sweating and bring down a fever.

She also used Chamomile tea which she called Cammermill tea for headaches. She also steamed Thyme leaves and used the towel over the head to inhale the vapor for headaches also.

This is just a few. Will post more tomorrow when I can see my binder again. Wife wants me turn the light off where she can sleep! :sleep:

Chris

·
one shot 2 kills :P
57 Posts
I know you say you will list more but i have afue to suggest and storys to go along with them.
Milkthistle- helps promote healty liver function. imo every1 over 21 should take it. it curred my mother's gaul bladder problems and has heleped my dads liver as well and he has Hep C.
Billberry-helps improve vision. my grandfather has been takeing it for a year he used to need glasses to drive. he now has 20/20 vision. I myself have been takeing it for 3 weeks and have noticed a significant change in my vision, for the better of coarse.
Goldensil- anti viral helps with colds exct. Used by the indians for centurys. i got over a flu that took everyone a week to get better in 3 days. and i have allways been a pretty sickly person. a word of warning however do not take goldinsell for extended periods of more than accouple weeks.

P.S. billberry and milkthistle if consumed should be taken daily prefferably twice a day, my grandfathers vision was terrable trouble far away and up close. mine i only have trouble far away but thats changeing. i have noticed my eyes being tired more often but nothing special no ill effects experinced.

Some herbs should not be used by people under 21 for development reasons exct. research should be done on your own before takeing any herbs. this is not medical advise. mearly imformation. I here by disclaim responsiblity for any ill effects caused by the use or missuse of the imformation above.

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you say you will list more but i have afue to suggest and storys to go along with them.
Milkthistle- helps promote healty liver function. imo every1 over 21 should take it. it curred my mother's gaul bladder problems and has heleped my dads liver as well and he has Hep C.
Bilberry-helps improve vision. my grandfather has been takeing it for a year he used to need glasses to drive. he now has 20/20 vision. I myself have been takeing it for 3 weeks and have noticed a significant change in my vision, for the better of coarse.
Goldenseal- anti viral helps with colds exct. Used by the indians for centurys. i got over a flu that took everyone a week to get better in 3 days. and i have allways been a pretty sickly person. a word of warning however do not take goldenseal for extended periods of more than accouple weeks.

P.S. bilberry and milkthistle if consumed should be taken daily prefferably twice a day, my grandfathers vision was terrable trouble far away and up close. mine i only have trouble far away but thats changeing. i have noticed my eyes being tired more often but nothing special no ill effects experinced.

Some herbs should not be used by people under 21 for development reasons exct. research should be done on your own before takeing any herbs. this is not medical advise. mearly imformation. I here by disclaim responsiblity for any ill effects caused by the use or missuse of the imformation above.
Thanks for the post. These were some of the next ones I was going to mention. Hope I don't offend you but I corrected the spellings on some of the herbs.
Thanks,
Chris

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of these either grow up in my area or you can pick them up at a health food store or a grocery as in the case of the sage and cloves. You should be able to find blackberry in the wild as well as the Goldenseal which grows along the creek banks up here.

Chris

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I've used an herbal mix called Cansema to remove skin cancers. FDA hates the stuff and almost put the company out of business but they're back with a new strategy. I've leaned toward using natural remedies over man made crap for a long time. I'm a big fan of garlic, honey, apple cider vinegar, herbal teas, etc. About a year ago, I got a bad case of Staph infection that showed itself in the form of boils. Some of the boils got so big that I would get red streaks up my arm and my lymph nodes would swell. I went to the "doctor" twice. In both cases, they lanced the boils (which was a great relief) but they prescribed antibiotics. I got sick from the crap but the Staph smiled and kept coming back. I sought advice from an herbalist and started taking high doses of Allicidin Complex. I've been boil free for about a year now. I take Allicidin everyday. For colds and flu, I use Oil of Oregano, Olive Leaf Extract, and Echinacea.

Reactions: WoodUSMC

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've used an herbal mix called Cansema to remove skin cancers. FDA hates the stuff and almost put the company out of business but they're back with a new strategy. I've leaned toward using natural remedies over man made crap for a long time. I'm a big fan of garlic, honey, apple cider vinegar, herbal teas, etc. About a year ago, I got a bad case of Staph infection that showed itself in the form of boils. Some of the boils got so big that I would get red streaks up my arm and my lymph nodes would swell. I went to the "doctor" twice. In both cases, they lanced the boils (which was a great relief) but they prescribed antibiotics. I got sick from the crap but the Staph smiled and kept coming back. I sought advice from an herbalist and started taking high doses of Allicidin Complex. I've been boil free for about a year now. I take Allicidin everyday. For colds and flu, I use Oil of Oregano, Olive Leaf Extract, and Echinacea.
Thank you for your post! Do you have any idea on the ingredients in Cansema? I can find a lot of reviews on its use but, no listing of ingredients. It would be very interesting to know what the main ingredient is. Lets all keep this going! I think we have a good thing going here!

Many Thanks,
Chris

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
I swear by echinacea! I never catch a cold while I'm on it, but once I have to go off of it, all bets are off.

The only reason I go off of echinacea is because it loses it's effectivity after about 4 months of continuous use; or so I'm told.

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I swear by echinacea! I never catch a cold while I'm on it, but once I have to go off of it, all bets are off.

The only reason I go off of echinacea is because it loses it's effectivity after about 4 months of continuous use; or so I'm told.
Echinacea is great for cold prevention and from what I have researched you need to take a break from it after 90 days of use. During that time you can supplement with doses of vitamin C to boost your immune system.

Chris

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I use the brand, Echinamide, and only take it if I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. I believe I've only had a cold once in the past 5 years. When I got that one, it only lasted for a couple of days vs. everyone else's 2 weeks. It was a bad cold but I knocked it out with Oil of Oregano, Olive Leaf Extract, Echinamide, mega doses of vitamin C, lots of water, deep breathing exercises (bacteria hate oxygen), and Echinachea tea.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Thank you for your post! Do you have any idea on the ingredients in Cansema? I can find a lot of reviews on its use but, no listing of ingredients. It would be very interesting to know what the main ingredient is. Lets all keep this going! I think we have a good thing going here!

Many Thanks,
Chris
This is where I buy my Cansema. There are some fake copies out there but I bought from this company as far back as the late 80s. The FDA shut them down for awhile but they've reopened and now trade using a different strategy. They now make the salve out of the country and have it shipped from there. My wife, my sister, and I have cured more than 10 skin cancers among us. Anyway, here's the site:

http://www.altcancer.com/cansema.htm

Reactions: bayez and WoodUSMC

·
one shot 2 kills :P
57 Posts
Hope I don't offend you but I corrected the spellings on some of the herbs.
no not at all ive never been a good speller i apreciate the fact that you would take the time to correct them

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
She also steamed Thyme leaves and used the towel over the head to inhale the vapor for headaches also.
Thyme is an excellent medicinal herb. It contains an oil (Thymol) that has antiseptic & antibacterial properties. You can also boil it and gargle it for mouth & throat infections.

Another excellent herb is St John's Wort. We typically hear about it being used for mild depression. But historically it's been used to treat major wounds, particularly deep sword gashes. It blooms during June. You pick the flowers, put them in a glass jar, and cover in olive oil. Place the jar in the sun until the oil turns red. The oil is used topically on the wound; not by consuming the oil.

Both are easy to find in any nursery. They're perennials and easy to grow.

Oh, and some of the herbs make a very nasty tea. If you don't like the taste, try using a broth instead. Thyme & sage go well in chicken broth.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ginger Root

Ginger root makes a good An-Acid for your stomach and will help Cure Nausea,
Boil some water Serve in a cup and then cut a thumb tip size of Ginger. Let it stand in the water for 5minutes and then drink

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Calamus makes a good antihistamine and stimulant

mullen is good for a cough

lilly of the valley - I know they make some type of heart medicine out of this

·
Registered
100 Posts
Peppermint tea and ginger tea are also good for nauseous. I just read recently that you can make tea from pine needles. You don't let it steep for long at all, and it tastes like citrus. If it steeps for over about 3 minutes it has a medicinal taste.

I prefer herbal remedies to some of the junk they have for meds. Luckily, my MD agrees with the herbal and supplements.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Check Healthko.com. Ken and Joy Person owm it, selling bulk foods, and homeopathic herbs,
tintures and items to make them. Ken will build custom kits for you covering pretty much all the groups of ingredients and body type ailments. He is certified in Oregon to do this. Kits go from small BOB's to larger combine with OTC meds and !st aid supplies, Email him or call. I use his products and am very pleased.

·
Survivor
3,525 Posts
Excellent thread!
I switched to natural awhile back when I felt the stuff I was prescribed by the VA wasn't doing me any good with different side effects. So I started reading about natural methods that others had tried. So instead of having the VA experiment on me, I decided to be aware of any positive or negative changes when taking something. With some taking a period of time before anything may be recognized.

A man name Edgar Casey once said, 60 years ago, that we are all chemically different. However he did state the certain precious metals (PMs) where extremely helpful to the body. So I started with Colloidal Gold and Silver to treat the effects of Peripheral Neuropathy (thanks to Agent Orange) and it has provided more relief from the symptoms then anything that was prescribed.

Other things seem to also be beneficial in getting my system under control. I need to sit down and enjoy my baked sweet potato right now but I'll be back.

Semper Fi!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts