Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
im in the proccess of trying to buy one right now. nobody has one in stock and seems it will be weeks till they get one. a black one at wally world is $186. here in NY.

·
Registered
647 Posts
AAPEXX,

I had the same problem with the ejecting when I bought mine. I lubed it up and it virtually became a single shot rifle. Finally I took it apart and took carb cleaner to it, removed all lubercation and then very very very slightly lubed a couple little spots that looked like they would need lube. I put everything back together and it has not had a problem since.
http://http://thepackingrat.net/2007/09/14/us-survival-from-henry-repearting-arms-follow-up/
Tbull:cool:

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
i found/bought one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! called around and got a new in box camo version for a good price! happy me!! has shot federal crap fine so far, no jams. i bought stingers for it, then found out u arent supposed to shoot hyper or super high velocity rounds. (i didnt).

·
I come in peace..
1,285 Posts
when its broken down and all put into the stock, how long is it? I wanted to know this for if I put it into my backpack, would it fit.....

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
16" pretty neat little package. im gonna start taking it everywhere with me. the "peep" sight has 2 different size aperatures, very lightweight. the stock and handgrip are very fat though, no-one ever says that. but its fat and takes some getting used to. mags go in and out better than any gun i have.

·
A country boy can survive
336 Posts
IMHO, the Marlin papoose is far superior to the Henry. I have 4 Papoose rifles now. They shoot any .22lr ammo reliably, breakdown as small as the Henry, and are much better built. The fact that the Henry is NOT built strong enough to fire high velocity ammo should tell you something. Plus, parts are cheap and easy to find for a Marlin (basically a model 70 with a removable barrel). The stock is also more natural feeling than the "fat" stock of the Henry. You can also get high capacity magazines for the marlin. Last point, my papoose will shoot better at 50 yards than any Henry will at 25.

T2E

·
Banned
509 Posts
I have a coustomized AR-7, check-out AR-7 industrie's LLC. I have the heavy target barrel with a 3/4 length aluminum vented barrel shroud, a BSA. sweet .22 scope with butler creek flip-up cover's, kill-flash anti reflective devise, Warn aluminum combat scope ring's, bipod and a sling. The cool thing is it still fit's in my pack just by unscrewing the barrel, or it can alway's go back to stock. I ONLY fire CCI. stinger's/mini mag's, The only thing that can happen is the dual bolt spring's may wear out. Wolf gun spring's make's after market spring's for it. I don't know how to post pic's on here so I'll put them on my page.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
IMHO, the Marlin papoose is far superior to the Henry. I have 4 Papoose rifles now. They shoot any .22lr ammo reliably, breakdown as small as the Henry, and are much better built. The fact that the Henry is NOT built strong enough to fire high velocity ammo should tell you something. Plus, parts are cheap and easy to find for a Marlin (basically a model 70 with a removable barrel). The stock is also more natural feeling than the "fat" stock of the Henry. You can also get high capacity magazines for the marlin. Last point, my papoose will shoot better at 50 yards than any Henry will at 25.

T2E
the papoose isnt really the same as a henry, the barrel comes off, big deal, it doesnt store in its stock, it has to go into a bag.
you are SUPPOSED to shoot high velocity ammo, just not hyper (1600 fps+) ammo.

·
Banned
509 Posts
henry

T2E
It wont out-shoot my Henry:thumb:

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
i checked them all out before buying. i also checked out some youth model .22's and single shots that can be broken down. part of the fun of the henry is the "gimmick" of storing in its stock, being waterproof, it floats, its super light weight. the henry's are more accurate and dependable than the older armalites. its cheaper. you can get higher cap mags for it, it has a scope mount. its camo. i wont put a scope on mine cuz i want it to fit in the stock. i will test mine for accuracy and see how good i can get with it.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
I'd try one. And the history of the little A7 as a pilot's survival rifle is an interesting one.
For the price, it's worth trying it. Kinda like the Hi Point carbines... a low cost solution that works for what it's intended. Keep us posted, ok?

·
Banned
509 Posts
Eugene Stoner, the same dude that designed the M-16, designed the AR-7. In stock form it's a "survival rifle" designed to shoot food, protect yourself. They were'nt meant to be "Tack-driver's", but the reciever is a solid design that can built into a solid/ reliable rifle.

·
Elitist Gun Snob
1,365 Posts
I hate these Henry "survival" rifles. I GAVE away the one I had. Complete POS. A barrel shrouded in plastic? NO. THANKS.

Marlin papoose FAR outweighs the Henry in quality and construction. WHO CARES if the barrel goes into the stock? The barrel comes off and it makes for a compact package. I can put it together far faster than the Henry and it will last FAR LONGER. The papoose was built to last a lifetime. The Henry was built to last for the duration of an emergency.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
I hate these Henry "survival" rifles. I GAVE away the one I had. Complete POS. A barrel shrouded in plastic? NO. THANKS.

Marlin papoose FAR outweighs the Henry in quality and construction. WHO CARES if the barrel goes into the stock? The barrel comes off and it makes for a compact package. I can put it together far faster than the Henry and it will last FAR LONGER. The papoose was built to last a lifetime. The Henry was built to last for the duration of an emergency.
opinions are like @$$%0($, everyone has one, and they all stink.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
the last time i saw one that worked was the one that goerge c scott used in the movie ''rage'':xeye:............

·
Banned
509 Posts
henry

your papoose is junk.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts