Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Rossi .357 Ranch Hand on order since last year. Still no show. When the come up at the gun show people are trying to double their money on them (used.)

I may have found a solution.
Henry has released a .22LR version. I am hoping that it will come down in price a little by the end of summer. Even so, the price isn't that bad right now.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=73925
A Golden Boy version would be really cool.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Any particular reason for the Mare's Leg instead of a standard stock? I held a ML the other day at a pawn shop. They're look cool and would fun to play around 'Rifleman' style shooting, but for a practical, useful firearm, I'd want something else.

·
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any particular reason for the Mare's Leg instead of a standard stock? I held a ML the other day at a pawn shop. They're look cool and would fun to play around 'Rifleman' style shooting, but for a practical, useful firearm, I'd want something else.
Well, you may be right, it might not be the most practical piece in the safe. In Ohio you can't hunt most game with a rifle. You can hunt deer with a pistol, which the Ranch Hand is. From what I have seen, it is very accurate for a pistol.

There must be some use as they don't usually last in the store more than a few hours and I don't see anyone selling them except at crazy prices.

·
I FEAR COWARDS MOST
6,153 Posts
My suggestion would be to put your money in a good revolver or full length lever gun.....those sawed offs are gimmicky eye candy.

·
+Adcock
3,102 Posts
For a small kid they would be a real good memory maker. For the rest of us though it is really a head scratcher.

·
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well somebody must like them because the stores can't keep them in stock. The same thing as with the Draco (Ak-47 pistol) folks rag on them but they fly off the shelf.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know about the pork flavored ice cream, but I just bought a Mare's Leg .22 a couple of weeks ago, and, I agree, it's more gimmick than practical firearm, but, once you've shot one, you just can't deny the fact that it's a hell of a fun little gun, and, once you get used to it, quite accurate. I am really impressed with the workmanship and the mechanical function. One word of caution, after you've loaded the magazine tube, HOLD ONTO THE PLUNGER ROD WHEN YOU REINSERT IT, otherwise the thing will go flying away. This is at best an inconvenience and at worst could turn your pistol into a single shot while you wait for Henry to send you a replacement.

Finding an affordable holster or any kind of carrying case is going to present a problem, but if all else fails, I might try my hand at a little amateur leather work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts