Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This group is a varied lot, with diverse political views. Interestingly, regardless of where we start, we all come together on the idea that something is very wrong with the world and that there's a good chance we're going to suffer the consequences. Thus, we prepare.

And we don't just prepare, we share. We share our worries, our hopes, our knowledge, our questions, and, ocassionaly our anger.

I wonder if we can take it one step further. Perhaps we can create a thread when we have something to offer and want to give first dibs to those on the forum. Hear that they're hiring where you work, post it. Own your own or manage a business that might be useful to one of us, post it so we can support you and maybe get ourselves a little better deal. Have a skill like gunsmithing, etc. and willing to do some work, maybe a member can get his gun fixed for a better price and you can make some money.

I realise some people might want to remain anonymous. And maybe this threatens to bring people too close. Maybe you can leave generalities and we can pm you. I don't know, but as times get tough, having a network like this might not be such a bad thing.

If it's a bad idea, or has already been tried, then the thread will fizzle. I'll give it a shot by saying:

I know about a job that might be opening in January. Good company, health benefits. Pay not great at about $11-$12/hour. Work is dirty and during third shift. Vacation and sick days after 6 months. Central Ohio area. Can't guarantee it will open and I can't vouch for you since I don't know you, but it's a direct line on a decent job.

Also, I'm an attorney licensed in Ohio. I don't have time to do a lot, but am at least willing to answer Ohio member's questions within reason and help get them started on the right tract with legal issues I have a background in (business, domestic relations, contracts, real property, very limited criminal defense, etc.). I'm definitely not saying I'll take your case, I don't want any cases at all, but I'll help you figure out what your legal issue is and try to help you identify some strategies.

So, how about you....

·
ROLL TIDE
224 Posts
This occurs in alot of organizations. In the Freemasons we try to do this sort of thing for our brothers... it will be a little more difficult over the long distance, but I think it will work for certain things and make the group stronger.

·
Barbarian
519 Posts
If anyone is on Okinawa, MCCS Semper Fit Futenma is looking to hire a bunch of people.

Don't think anyone else here but me is on Oki, but I'm trying to help.

·
The Hammer & Anvil
3,559 Posts
If anyone is staying in the NE Alabama Area and needs a hotel room I can offer the following at a further discounted rate: PM me if passing through the area.

1Queen bed non smoking or smoking 45.00 + tax = 50.05 night
2queen bed non smoking or smoking 49.00 + tax = 54.41 night
Suites 55.00+ tax = 60.95
Executive Suites 60+tax= 66.41

These are much lower than our lowest off season rates and include:
free local and long distance free wifi as well as every room having a cat5 connection at desk.
anything thats not a single I will put a fridge and microwave in for no charge, I will waive the pet fee, crib fee and rollaway bed fee's as well.

I will also offer a late check out normally 11am can go up to 1pm or later in extreme cases.

you also have access to the best gym in the county, a free expanded continental breakfast and 10% off the local waffle house less than an 1/8th mile away. Also all rooms have full cable and hbo.

Let me know if your passing through and I will make reservations for you or you can come by and check the rooms out, if needed I could take some digital media of the rooms and hotel :p

·
Registered
784 Posts
most of my knowledge is in ranching, dont know what good that will do anybody. well have a little knowledge in construction. but i guess i can offer some advice. and what i dont know i know others that knows more about it than me and i can ask them.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Great thread! :) Lots of people who have some great services etc. to offer here! :)

I offer metaphysical services (tarot readings, rite of passage ceremonies, spellcraft etc.) I also make beaded jewelry and painted art (great gift ideas), and more practically for most here- I do virtual assistant work (I have a part time public relations/event planning business) I type 90+wpm, do some ghost writing, create fliers, organize events, etc. I am able to organize events at a distance as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts