Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my feance is increadably opposed to even thinking bout tshtf. I finally got her to the point where shes ok with me putting togather my BOB, but now shes upset that i'm spending somuch time on it.:mad: She thinks i'm just paranoid. when I try to talk to her about why i want to do it she get scared and all upset...what do i do :confused:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
my feance is increadably opposed to even thinking bout tshtf. I finally got her to the point where shes ok with me putting togather my BOB, but now shes upset that i'm spending somuch time on it.:mad: She thinks i'm just paranoid. when I try to talk to her about why i want to do it she get scared and all upset...what do i do :confused:
Kick her to the curb.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol naw shes my life. shes not trying to stand in my way it just annoys the heck outa me lol. she supports the thought of it but dosent want to even think about anything "bad" happining.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
lol naw shes my life. shes not trying to stand in my way it just annoys the heck outa me lol. she supports the thought of it but dosent want to even think about anything "bad" happining.
Talk to her about it. I don't mean talk at her. Sit down and explain your concerns calmly. Listen to her side of things.

Then make a deal with her and yourself. Spend as much time with her as much as you spend on the BOB. Quality time, not sitting in front of the TV time. For every penny you invest in preps, invest the same in your future together.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Reassure her. Reassure her that you want to make sure that she is taken care of and provided for- reassure her that you'd rather be prepared for something and have it NOT happen than NOT to be prepared and have something serious occur. She's probably worried about the world herself (unless she's living under a rock, she sees the news, reads whats going on etc.) so she may be terrified and in denial. Denial is a comfortable place. Reassure her that she can ease into it- that you aren't going to go off and start or join some militia or expect her to go camping every weekend. Reassure her that you love her and that this isn't going to take time away from the her, or the wedding, or whatever else you have going on. Reassure her that prepping can be FUN and that there are plenty of women into it and that it's actually a pretty big hobby for alot of people LOL :) Good luck!

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'v tried all of this. and shes ALOT better now. but still i dont fel its enough. i think i'm going to have to let it go though. shes not that bad and she supporst the bob and prep idea so i gues i cant really be too upset.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
i'v tried all of this. and shes ALOT better now. but still i dont fel its enough. i think i'm going to have to let it go though. shes not that bad and she supporst the bob and prep idea so i gues i cant really be too upset.
... How close is the wedding? She may just want to focus on "normal" things for awhile... Brides get nervous, ya know... :upsidedown:

·
Patriot
22 Posts
Someone the other day wrote a very good article on here. I can't remember who or under what string, but I'll try and hit the highlights from memory and I think this will help you with your fiance'.

Sit down and make up a list of natural diasters.

Tornado/High Winds = Power Outage = No Lights, No refrigeration, No TV, No Microwaive or Electric Stove.....Solution = Candles, Lanterns, Can Goods, Battery Powered AM/FM Radio with a Weather channel, Deck of Cards or Board Games.

Flood = Loss of Home....Solution = Visit family in another town or state.
Fire = Loss of Home...Solution = Stay with relatives until insurance rebuilds home.

These are real disasters but the list could go on. The point here is to approach her in a logical manner with realistic and thought out scenerios and solutions. You keep a first aid kit in the home or car for just such a reason. Extra food, water, medicine, guns and ammo are just the same. You can prioratize them in order of which ones are most likely to occurr and list some like Zombie Attack to keep the levity up.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
CommanderJake had the best ideas for using logic with her.

Just to let you know that you're not alone in dealing with folks close to you who are still sort of asleep. My oldest daughter is in total denial. The only thing that would make her fight is if she thinks she'll be deprived of her Starbucks and her makeup case. *sigh*.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW!!!!!!! Next!!!!!
Haha, yea i cant survive without it.

We had a talk last night and she said that she was fine with it, she just dosent like how much time and money it takes. She dosent realize that i've only spent maby a total if $50 on everything that i have so far, then she asked how long we'll be prepairing...I just laughed. O yea note to self and anyone else that hasent done this yet...dont laugh when there trying to be serious:taped:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Women out number men 5-1 in the United States that means there more women out there than men. So show her the door and getcha a new one!
Um....recheck your stats. For every 100 men born, there are 105 women born. That is 5% more women, not 500% more women (which is what you said.) We just talk 500% more than men, so maybe that's where the confusion came. The hive sounds we create makes men dizzy!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.