Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Galaxy S8. The battery doesnt hold a charge and I keep getting a "No SIM card" prompt. Its probably time for a new phone.

I'm kinda over the Galaxy and I wont do an iPhone. My provider is Verizon. I use it for basic functions (calls, texts, internet) so I dont need anything fancy.

What phones should I check out and research and why?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Why not just replace your battery? It's a whole lot cheaper than a new phone. I'm doing mine myself this weekend. I've done it before. Plan on about an hour the first time you do it, but it's pretty straight forward. Just take your time and follow the step. JMO.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Why not just replace your battery? It's a whole lot cheaper than a new phone. I'm doing mine myself this weekend. I've done it before. Plan on about an hour the first time you do it, but it's pretty straight forward. Just take your time and follow the step. JMO.
New battery won't fix the sim card issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you tried ordering a new sim card?
Most phone companys will send a free replacement.
If that fixes that problem then you could save a chunk of money by replacing the battery yourself.

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,956 Posts
New battery is one option and a decent mobile phone tech will reset the contacts in the SIM cradle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts