Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok not the way some of the RED DAWN lovers wish but invaded no less
we have had a crew of masked bandits aka racoons invaded the space between the ceiling and the attic
while trapping is sort of a option id have to use conibear kill trapps wich might get a uninded target (OH WELL keep your damn cat in the house where it belongs )and their point of entrace appars to be in the front of the house
i have no idea how many but im positive its more than one
does ayone have any tryied and true ways to just drive them out so i can fix the hole without sealing them in
thank gunman

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I had a similar invasion a couple of years ago.

I made a temporary door that would allow "outgoing traffic" but not "incoming traffic" by using some stiff spring-loaded hinges and screwed it over the hole with some drywall screws ... and then waited for a week.

The uninvited tenants decided to move elsewhere.

When they were gone, I removed the temporary door and repaired the hole permanently ... after cleaning up all the muddy paw prints ... presumably from one or more of the disgruntled tenants. :D:

longman

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
Been there, done that, got the solution.:D:
Get a Hav-A-Hart trap, bait it on the ground near the break in place.
Use smelly fish or sardines,....they will find it.
Repeat and dispatch with extreme predjudice each and everyone of them or they will just return to their happy home.
When no more show up in the trap, do a search for their evil spawn up in the attic,.....all that hanky panky you hear is them having a roll in the hay,....uh I mean insulation. This is best a job for a fearless money hungry teen.:D: A momma sow **** can do you some serious damage.
Good luck,......remember, ***** are evil, show those squatters NO quarter!! :thumb:

Attachments

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Get yourself a couple boxes of Friskies Ocean fish flavor cat food, and get a bowl. Pour some in the bowl but not much. every night move the bowl further and further away from the access hole to the attic. On the final night put a jumbo bowl out. They should be around the corner of your house by then. On the final night just go around the house from the other side and walk right up and nail some plywood over the entry. Case solved and it cost a couple bucks a box. They are smart and will find a new home by the second night.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
My sugestion is to call your local Animal control office. Thats what their paid to do.
Years ago I was living in "lower America" and had a roof rat invasion. They came out and within 4 days problem was solved...

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Reactions: joes and Theguy

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
I'd say use a live trap. You wanna make sure you catch the racoon and not neighbors cat or anything. Call animal control and they come out and move it for free. That and you getta watch it fuss and hiss while its locked up.

-Cade

·
Registered
755 Posts
ok not the way some of the RED DAWN lovers wish but invaded no less
we have had a crew of masked bandits aka racoons invaded the space between the ceiling and the attic
while trapping is sort of a option id have to use conibear kill trapps wich might get a uninded target (OH WELL keep your damn cat in the house where it belongs )and their point of entrace appars to be in the front of the house
i have no idea how many but im positive its more than one
does ayone have any tryied and true ways to just drive them out so i can fix the hole without sealing them in
thank gunman
depending on where you are living, if you are in a rural setting put out some food right in your front yard and sit in your window with your .22 lr, and get ready to skin out some raccoons in the morning. Put on a pot of rice and some kale and you got yourself a mighty fine dinner there partner.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Here is one of mine. I have 4 that were babies and one really big one about 45-50#. This one is about 30# and the three siblings are 22-25#.

Trust me, I know all about pole cats. I took this pic about 3pm this afternoon. They learn boundries if you care to coexist, but the attic is not sanitary or tolerable.

View attachment 10003

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
We all get along for the most part except the cats. The damn lions stir up all the trouble. You don't need any help if you put aside your fear and lead them while respecting their ability to harm you.......

View attachment 10005
I had just nailed this one with a pinecone for trying to walk on the wood. They leave hoof dents, so the rule is no hooves on the wood. He settled down in this one, and stayed off the deck. This was taken sept. They are great big basket antlers now and they got a little fat on them too.

View attachment 10004

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
wow, brew, that is quite the zoo you have going there.

My landlord used to live-trap the street lice that were being a nuisance here. He used the cheapest tin of tuna he could buy as bait and said it worked very well. He just punched a couple holes in the top of the can and put it in the trap. He would use the same can for a couple weeks. The worse it smelled the better it worked.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Yep, we have critters of every type except porcupines. There was one a few years ago but he moved on or died off. For deer we have Whitetail, Mulie, Pacific blacktail, and an odd grey and brown spotted hybrid that is only right here. I saw the bandit right when I was reading this yesterday and snapped his picture.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
You're going to have to do some cleanup after you get rid of them.They poop in piles,in certain spots,usually corners.And they poop a lot.Definitely wear a very good mask and protective gear.Do whatever it takes to get rid of them,including killing them,legal or not. Its your house,not theirs.

·
Registered
396 Posts
An other way to take care of unwanted critters is to mix some fly bait and a can of coke in a dish. Most of the unwanted guests will die with there noses still in the dish. The farthest I have ever seem anything make it is 10 feet. Use caution around kids and other critters that you don't want dead.

Reactions: joes

·
Registered
679 Posts
An other way to take care of unwanted critters is to mix some fly bait and a can of coke in a dish. Most of the unwanted guests will die with there noses still in the dish. The farthest I have ever seem anything make it is 10 feet. Use caution around kids and other critters that you don't want dead.

Poisoning is cruel and inhumane, and then you have noxious waste. If you choose a lethal remedy, then grow a pair and take care of nuisances in a quick and humane manner, please.

I mean no offense, I just hate waste and I hate poisoning animals.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
havent heard from them lately

ive ben kept busy the last few days and havent had a chance to go get traps but its 3am and we havent heard them for 3 nights nowim begining to wonder if their not online and on the board and decided to move on lol im considering closing the hole unless we hear somthing in the attic
more acuratly between the celing and the attic thanks everyone

ps if ill keep ya posted if anything changes
gunman

1 - 20 of 33 Posts