Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Minarchist (Jeffersonian)
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need parts for a pre '56(closer to 1900) smith and wesson small frame .32 caliber revolver, it breaks down like a schofield. it has a rounded front blade sight. it is double action

My reason for asking is that it was my grandfathers and It was burned in a house fire, the Smith and Wesson company with their so called Lifetime warrenty wont fix it and can't point me in any direction, all the local gun smith's won't even look at it. please any help would be greatly appreciated

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty much all the gut's, you know springs, cylender stop, cam, like I said mostly everthing exept the hammer and trigger

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
I need parts for a pre '56(closer to 1900) smith and wesson small frame .32 caliber revolver, it breaks down like a schofield. it has a rounded front blade sight. it is double action

My reason for asking is that it was my grandfathers and It was burned in a house fire, the Smith and Wesson company with their so called Lifetime warrenty wont fix it and can't point me in any direction, all the local gun smith's won't even look at it. please any help would be greatly appreciated

Check with Numrich Gun Parts. They have almost everything, but it may not be cheap... < http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ >

Allan

·
Registered
109 Posts

try gun parts corp. they have quite a selection.....u can see their ad in shotgun news....since its been in a fire there is a hell of a lot of liability involved.....u might be on your own to fix it.....might be handier to buy another and rob parts from it.....if i remember correctly they arent that expensive of a gun

·
Michigan Gun Nut
801 Posts
try gun parts corp. they have quite a selection.....u can see their ad in shotgun news....since its been in a fire there is a hell of a lot of liability involved.....u might be on your own to fix it.....might be handier to buy another and rob parts from it.....if i remember correctly they arent that expensive of a gun

The Fire might have affected the heat treating of the revolver, possibly rendering it unsafe. So It could possibly be a liability issue. Plus it maybe a chore to rebuild it. I'd be VERY reluctant to fire it. Ammo may be hard to find for the gun. What Cartridge is it marked for? .32 S&W? or .32 S&W Long?

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
sounds like you got a smith new departure auto ejector .

Numrich is a good place to get parts but you might be well advised to frequent gun shops and gun shows and pickup several breaktops like yours and just replace the parts as needed.

As far as the fire, if it got hot enough to cause you to look for parts?????? dont try shooting that gun our you WILL bee in for some surprise.
Those things had a nasty habit of breaking open during firing and the bullet going of in odd directions...................this related to other gun shooters talk.

Good luck the parts are out there.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this thing is really old, I have a fourteenth edition gun traders guide and it's not in there, cheap gun or not, getting another one is unlikely since I've never seen another one.
also just because it's old it is going to be ungodly expensive to fix anyway. so i'll just sit on it till I win the lottery or hell freezes over, whichever happens first

1 - 8 of 8 Posts