Filipino 45 ACP from Bud's gun shop - plain jane Milspec 45
top of my price range hair right at 400
100th year of the 1911 AND I'm 45 this year

Police Turnin CZ75 from Robinson's Trading Post ~350
9mm - high cap wonder 9 - don't have one of these
I've hear these are typical carried a lot shot a little police
excellent cost factor can use the extra $$$ to pick up extra mags
will need to purchase 9mm dies
currently I use 9 mm brass to form makarov brass - potential for reloading issues

CZ82 Pistol 9 x 18 12 round
a higher cap for a round I already reload for
lowest price
polyagonal barrel - said to be no go for cast bullets - but seems a lot of folks do it with with no issues

I'm really leaning towards the 45

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
THe 45acp you are talking about is likely the Rock Island Armory by Armscor of the Phillipines?

I'm not sure of the budsgunshop prices, but also check centerfiresystems.com. They tend to have very good prices on various models of the Rock Island 1911's.

Personally, I'd go for the CZ75 because I got out of 45acp.

But since you already reload for 45acp and want a 1911, I've heard nothing but good things about the RIA 1911 clones so I dont think you can go wrong. I think the prices will go nowhere but up to get into a reliable 1911.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What other guns do you own? A 45 ACP revolver is a very nice little gun to have. Plenty of take down power and the moon clips make easy loading. Should be very reliable too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you're really leaning toward the .45, I say go for it.

I have one, and have been extremely pleased. It's my first 1911, and I love it.

(I assumed you meant that you were leaning toward the 1911 from Bud's)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
For price and added power, of the two I'd go with the CZ-75.

In the .45 realm, I'm not at all impressed with the Philippine 1911's and would prefer a Springfield Armory GI gun, it's only an extra $100 or so but in my experience, it's a much better gun.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I have a CZ-82. Sweet shooting, VERY accurate, ambidextrious safty and mag release, easy to conceal and cheap to shoot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have never owned a CZ handgun but own two CZ bolt action rifles and if their handguns are anything like the rifles they'll be excellent. CZ makes a damn fine product.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
My Rock Island full size GI 1911 is one of my favorites. You might want to look for a Tactical though. Sights are much easier to see on the Tactical and it comes with an ambi safety.

See some deals on RIA Tacticals on Gunbroker that bring them within the $ range you are looking at.

On the 9mm side, I bought an Israeli FN Hi Power and Walther P38 from Robertson Trading Post. Good place to do business with.

9mm ammo is alot cheaper to shoot than 45 acp.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Numrich sells 380 barrels for the little Makarov for around 50-60 $.Never tried one,but thinkin about it.Just a thought.Hit the gunshows maybe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts