Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Brent, I'm an avid outdoorsman and have been since I was young. The interest started prior to age seven when I was a Cub Scout, and became an obsession as I went thru the ranks eventually earning the rank of Eagle Scout at age 16. By the time I was 18 I was an Eagle with silver, silver palms and had the most merit badges in our district (this record has since been beaten, by a young man who has two more than I).

As an Assistant Scoutmaster I remained active with our troop who's main focus was hiking and backpacking. I was also the director of the scoutcraft department at Camp Raymond Scout Camp for two summers in a row. Among my favorite subjects to teach were wilderness survival and pioneering.

For the past four years I have been enlisted in the U.S. Navy as a Hospital Corpsman and have been able to put those outdoor skills to good use on occasional field exercises with the Marines, one deployment as an individual agumentee with the Army, and more recently in S.E.R.E. school.

Currently I am finishing up the training pipeline to become a Search and Rescue Medical Technician (which is the equivilent of a civillian flight paramedic).

I found this forum and am happy to have already learned many things that I hope to put to good use soon in the field and at home.

Thank you for your time,

·
Prepared in NH
12,880 Posts
Hello Brent = Welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.