Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in upstate n.y and i am having trouble finding any preparedness groups.:confused: Some of my friends think i read to many books and am just paranoid. It ****es me off that people think life is peachy when in reality its going to come crashing down.:mad: I need to talk to people that have the same concerns as me.

·
Asian Newbie
322 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am not from USA but rather from Asia. Majority of the people from my side of the world thinks likely, no body prepares and everybody thinks that the Government will take care of everything in the event of a Natural Disaster.

Its took me many years before my family keeps quiet to what I am doing (survival preparation work). Now they don't support and neither do they object - well its a great improvement! So when I prepares, I take into account my entire family's needs too e.g. food and supplies, and at times briefly advise them of what to do and what not to do during an emergency. We can't change people's perception overnight but we can sure try starting from our own family and loved ones.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
yeah, kinda hard to find local people you trust who have the same level of interest in preparedness and survival... that is why we flock to the boards. you'' find a home here and maybe make some friends... welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey welcome to the forums, I feel your pain.

I use the forums and other quality websites for my info sources, and I plan to begin working on my own local group. What else can you do? It's gotta start somewhere, why not with you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I live in upstate n.y and i am having trouble finding any preparedness groups.:confused: Some of my friends think i read to many books and am just paranoid. It ****es me off that people think life is peachy when in reality its going to come crashing down.:mad: I need to talk to people that have the same concerns as me.
Welcome to the Forum, wolfsmith. A lot to be learned here once you get past the wannabees and couch warriers.

But, your problem is the very precise reason why our government is not concerned about the rulled classes rising up in objection to whatever they wish to dish out to us - total lack of cohesion, trust, and a common agenda. Plus there are no poplar leaders for the people to rally behind.

I read of so many people thinking that if TSHTF, they will simply grab their pack and head off to the woods - where one of two things will happen, 1) they will eventually run out of food or 2) they will be found. Either case will end up with them falling in line with what the governament dictates or their demise.

What I have done is stock up on food, water and medical supplies (more than what I would need). When ever anyone had caught onto what I am doing and make a hint that they know where they will be headed in event of a major disaster I quickly inform them that unless they have a skill that would be of benefit to my own survival that this tactic would lead to their own untimely demise.

Also, I have been on the lookout for others that think along my same lines. Some I have had advanced discussions with and some I have invited to join me. You can find such people merely by dropping a few words to someone that you feel you would like to have along, ie "This country sure is getting in a mess" - 'How do you feel about where this country is headed?" Using these lines I haved attracted a general MD to my group along with a family whose wife is head nurse in a major medical facility, another fellow and his family - he knows how to build a still and manufacture alcohol (burns like gas) and has been a competitive long range shooter since he was a child. Of course, there are others - all with skills that will help a small community survive and grow, such as animal husbandry, gradening, etc.

But, anyway, you get the point, I hope. Welcome to the group and never - ever- hestitate to ask a question - there will be somebody here that will be able to provide an intelligent answer.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome. I'm fairly new myself and have been on here for the last few months. Lots to learn and there are a lot of couch potato types out there. Not that I'm any better. I have lived a sedentary life until now. It isn't easy changing.

·
Nerd
157 Posts
Welcome! I've learned a lot from these good people here; there's so much survival knowledge on these boards, one can never stop learning. People tend to be friendly here too, even if you disagree with them :thumb: I know that having friends read some things on this site has made them get into prepping, so hopefully the same works out for you!

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
WELCOME you nut! ;) LOL j/k!

Dont let any of your freinds/family discourage you! Your on the right track coming here! Good luck, God bless and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

A happy prepper is one whom never has to use his stores. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts