Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from northeast Florida and I am currently serving in the Marine Corps. I sincerely believe that I will be alive during the great tribulation and will be protecting my brothers and sisters during this time. With the signs of the times being as bright as they are today I thought it would be wise to try and find some christians who were expecting to endure these times. Thats what led me to find this website. Ive been making plans to start stockpiling supplies but I realize that it's futile to try and go it alone. Im stationed in japan right now so my plans have been on hold until I get back to the U.S. in september. I would like to meet with you guys so if someone could PM me about it that would be awesome.

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If a BOL is what I think it is a "Bug Out List" I do have some things that I want to acquire as soon as I get home.
-self defense: 12 guage shotgun, .45 pistol, and a A-15 for good measure.
-six month supply of rice and beans because theyre easily stored and wont go bad.
If anyone has any other ideas please shoot.
-six month supply of water this one is difficult because im not sure how much water is needed per day and it would be difficult to store. I hear there is a way to catch morning dew for drinking water and since humidity is just moisture in the air there should be a practical way to extract it. Im currently trying to figure ways to test that hypothesis. Im open to suggestions.
-medical supplies: bandages, rubbing alcohol, iodine, sewing kit, scissors,tweezers ibuprophen, etc.. What are some cheap antibiotics?
-The largest tent I can get my hands on
-Sleeping bags
-Solar oven??
-Solar battery charger
-CB radio
-I am considering a radiation detector

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My biggest problem is that I dont have any property outside of the city. I have a wife and three children and I would like to bring along some more family if possible. The more the merrier is how I see it, but that also means more supplies. One also has to consider their ability to help others. I have a timeline to have everything prepared by the end of 2012 or early 2013. As far as the SHTF event goes I dont believe it will be the same time for everybody. Im looking for certain events like economic collapse, global war, martial law, maybe even a false alien invasion. Somewhere within all the confusion God will cause his people to know. As of right now I dont have any specific place to go, but even if I have to pitch a tent on some high ground then so be it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts