Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! If you haven't guessed it already, I'm from Illinois. Near west suburbs of Chicago actually.

Could say I've been a survivialist all my life. Father walked out on my mother before I was born. (His name was called for the draft for Nam...he ran to Canada). We've survived through economines good and bad. Dealt with sickneses, and job loss.

To make sure I had a proper exposure to male influences, my mother enrolled me into Boy Scouts. I loved every minute of the nearly 15 years I was in for. Went all the way from cub to eagle scout, then stayed on as assistant scout leader until my college work load because to much to bare.

I still enjoy camping, hiking, fishing. Although, like most things I just can't seem to do them as often as I'd like to. Would really REALLY like to learn how to deer hunt. And that's how I found this forum. I was googling for websites on how to build my own recurve bow, since I cannot afford to buy a compound at this time.

I have many questions in reguards to survival and being a survivalist. To keep a good flow going I promist to all that yes, I do know how to use a search feature! (LOL!) And that I will post in the appropriate forum(s).

About the only other thing I can say is this... How come there's no matchmaking forum for single survivalists??? :D:

Jaxx

·
I'm keeping my eye on you
2,204 Posts
Welcome to the site. Florida here.

I haven't seen any threads on matchmaking, but there are several on using magnesium fire starters.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
WElcome and good to have you here. One of the things you are going to find is it is very difficult to find a good woman when you are into this lifestyle. Too many times a spouse marries with the intent of "changing" his or her spouse into to what they want them to be. Don't marry a woman if she does not buy into what you are. People are what they are. Right after we got married my wife gave me a book with a note telling me that she wanted me to be like the author. I gave her the book back and told her that if she was not happy with what she got then we needed to go our own ways.

Try to find places where you live to meet women. If you are a church going sort go there. If you live in bars good luck. Get to know any person you plan to spend your life with. Don't depend on what you get on line. People play roles on the web. Too much play acting here. Know someone for at least a year before you tie the knot. Be really careful if the person is bringing children with them. I don't want to sound harsh but it is twice as hard to make it work with kids involved. Good luck.

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,309 Posts
Welcom fellow Illinoisian

About the only other thing I can say is this... How come there's no matchmaking forum for single survivalists??? :D:

:D: I second it :D:

Enjoy the forum.
I'm from the county of Crawford.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Welome from the Northern C(r)ook County Gulag

I too am a subject of Blago the Buffoon. Welcome to the forum. You will find many good folks here, (not too many female type gurl persons though... that's not what the focus is).

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah for deer hunting. My in laws get a lot of deer this time of year. My father in law worked for Worth bat in Tullahoma, TN and knows a lot of guys who hunt deer just for the antlers. To me that doesn't make any sense. What's the point? None the less were are blessed by the fact they bring the deer to him. Many a Sunday after church we'll find that there's a need deer to clean and so in my Sunday best I'm skinning a hung deer and quartering it up to butcher later at home. I really wish that's all I did, just hunting and gardening and building. I don't believe most women are wired for that and most would find you crazy to live that way. But who knows, I'd much rather that than this life of what... day in and day out. There's no satisfaction in so much of what we've created.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts